Sign in with
Your question

Looking to upgrade my mobo.

Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2010 11:02:40 PM

Hey there everyone. I am looking to upgrade my lackluster mobo. Awhile ago, before I knew anything about computers I bought Dell Inspiron 530s. At the time I knew nothing of overclocking. Fast forward to now and I am kicking myself for not knowing then how to build my own comp. I really want to try some overclocking and just want a better mobo then the pos dell mobo I have at the moment. For my CPU I am running a E6500 wolfdale. I hear its a great overclocker but I cannot OC from the bios with my current mobo. Any suggestions for a socket 775 mobo in the neighborhood of $100? I know for that price I won't get ddr3 or dx 11 support most likely, but that is fine since my gtx 260 only supports up to dx 10 anyways. Thanks in advance for your help.

More about : upgrade mobo

September 9, 2010 11:56:56 PM

jaquith said:
Is this a NEW build? FYI - you'll have to cut, saw, tap, and more if you're keeping your Dell rig.

Read this first - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/279849-30-dell-studio...

It is not a new build, but I am not longer using a Dell case anymore, so fitting the mobo should not be an issue.
m
l
Related resources
a c 717 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2010 12:26:29 AM

Yes, it's fine for OC and ASUS is very good and easy to OC. Note - but do the OC manually and don't use the ASUS or any other utility.
m
l
a c 235 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
September 10, 2010 12:27:26 AM

Yes, it is a decent overclocking motherboard.
m
l
September 10, 2010 12:39:16 AM

Alright guys, thanks for the replies. I'll order one and read the OC guides, since it is nothing I want to mess up.
m
l
!