shawnlove

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
ok i have the E5200 and at stock clock i am 35c idle and no matter how high i o/c it i still have 35c idle max oc was 4.1 i have the antec 902 case and corsare h50 along with artic silver 5 witch has been broken in properly i have a total of 6 fans in my case and i have my wires ran behind the mobo in the case so i kno there is proper airflow....

Solution
Well for idle temps, that just fine. It's the load temps you should be worried about....

Use a program called prime95. What it will do is stress your cpu to 100% and will heat up your cpu. After about 10 mins look at what the temps are. That temp should be the hottest the cpu can get.

As long your temps are in low to mid 70C's (or lower) for max temps, you'll be just fine.
Well for idle temps, that just fine. It's the load temps you should be worried about....

Use a program called prime95. What it will do is stress your cpu to 100% and will heat up your cpu. After about 10 mins look at what the temps are. That temp should be the hottest the cpu can get.

As long your temps are in low to mid 70C's (or lower) for max temps, you'll be just fine.

Solution

shawnlove

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

ive done this with burn in test for 2hrs and maxed out at 71c with my max o/c of 4.1 with a 1.504 voltage intel says that 71c is safe for this processor but i figured the idle temp would drop with a lower clock

shawnlove

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010

all it did was confuse me