Having a bit of throble

hero16

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
OK so any way i overclocked my Asrock x58 supercomputer and apparently it died a horrible death.Oh well who cares bought an Gygabite GA-EX58-UD5 so any way i puted everything back in than started the computer and.Everything turned on all motherboard indicators turned on and the Gygabite has many < < so any way it was all good so now when i put it upstairs in my room and shove the VGA cable up the 5870 DVI connector ;P I get no picture.... And i do realize it could be either RAM Video card or Motherboard so:I am almost positive 100% sure it's not the Motherboard for it has no reason to burn out it was off the whole time and it's brand new so i am betting either ram or video card now videocard's Fan is indeed spinning i am not sure about the ram i will try putting one stick at a time tomorrow than test with a different videocard.What do you guys think this might be ?

"...shove the VGA cable up the 5870 DVI connector..." ?? Assuming you meant connected VGA to DVI adaptor to your 5870 video card...

What are the rest of your PC specs? More importantly, what are the specs of your PSU? Have you connected the two 6-pin power connectors from the PSU?