ram limited from 2gb to (1.8) in windows 7 pro 32bit

theunkown

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
i have a Kingston 2 ddr3 ram stick 1333 MHZ but when i open the task manager i shows 2gb of ram and only (1.8 gb available)
my system is quite resent as in i just assembled it 2 day so whats up my specs are
my specs are
Core i3 530m (using integrated graphics until i get a 5750)
gigabyte h55-usb3 ATX mobo
2 gb ddr3 @1333Mhz
a 300 watt psu (Came with the chasis)
a WD 500 GB HD
any suggestions....... i haven't tampered with the ram or CPU voltages or clock speeds (i don't like to overclock)
am using windows 7 pro 32 BIT just installed it 2 day along with all the drivers from the gigabyte site and the Clarkdale drivers from the Intel site any help would be gr8 :sol:

Solution
What jaquith is saying is Windows is utilizing some of the RAM for the inboard graphics and other system functions required through Windows. Your system is fine with the RAM utlization.

One question... Why not get the 64-bit OS instead at the same price so you can utilize more RAM down the road.

tecmo34

Administrator
What jaquith is saying is Windows is utilizing some of the RAM for the inboard graphics and other system functions required through Windows. Your system is fine with the RAM utlization.

One question... Why not get the 64-bit OS instead at the same price so you can utilize more RAM down the road.

Solution

theunkown

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
wait so if i get the 5750 1gb edition it would eat up 1 gig of my ram? i can get the 64bit os its notta a problem but i heard that i cant run SOME 32 bit games like cod 4 and so on and t5hat ati has bad driver support for 64 bit os

I am confused, are you asking can you adjust the RAM for the integrated GPU? I know Intel you can adjust, but ATI I am not certain. Open the Control Panel | Display | Settings | Advanced and see if you can adjust.

My experience from back when was that the settings are calculated to a point based upon installed RAM, and I would recommend not changing the defaults.

Sorry for the "." I typed the response and erased by mistake...

theunkown

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2010
hold up sry for the confusion i wasnt gonna change the defaults but if some ram is utilized for the gpu the what would happen to my total ram if i get a 5750 1gb
will it still share some of it for the card?