XFX 5850 XXX vs Black Edition

OneWing_z

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Could anyone help me out with the details on the differences between these two cards? Black is higher rated than XXX due to some DOAs from Newegg, and I see that the Black is slightly more expensive, but in the grand scheme of things, what exactly am I paying more for compared to the XXX's stock overclock?

Solution
The coolers and warranties are exactly the same for all three versions of the cards.
The only differences between them is the price, a few Mhz and the stickers on the cooler (if you get the Black Edition) :/
If you can get the slightly overclocked card for the same price as the standard version though, might as well go for it...

Riddle me this.
Which of these cards is the XXX and which is the standard ;)
14-150-442-Z03

14-150-455-Z03

Don't mind those review's.. :lol: .. lol it's no more than 2 users writing multiple reviews under other names or "N/A" ... when someone buys something from the Egg (DOA), they write multiple reviews just to get attention and "vent" .... Those XFX's are flawless, every now n then "YES" there will be a bad card, but 3 bad cards from the same batch is almost impossible ;)

go ahead, don't hesitate ;) , buy it, overclock it, have fun.....

bige420

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2008
All that your getting extra with the "black edition" is 10mhz increase on the core clock, which you could do in 10 seconds with the normal or xxx edition. I also believe that the xxx and black edition cards come with xfx's voltage tweaking tool, which can help with higher overclocks but probably isnt worth it in the long run.

Don't pay to have someone else OC your video card. It's easy to do on your own and you will likely get better results. Price, warranty and cooler are what you should be concerning yourself with when choosing among different brands of the same card.

OneWing_z

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Price, Warranty and Cooler. . . well, I can find the XXX for $300, which is about as good as you can get the stock one right now. . . XFX has the best warranties around, and the coolers on there XXX and black are pretty damn nice. . .

The coolers and warranties are exactly the same for all three versions of the cards.
The only differences between them is the price, a few Mhz and the stickers on the cooler (if you get the Black Edition) :/
If you can get the slightly overclocked card for the same price as the standard version though, might as well go for it...

Riddle me this.
Which of these cards is the XXX and which is the standard ;)
14-150-442-Z03

14-150-455-Z03

Solution