Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ATI Radeon 5850, can't sleep or hibernate

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 29, 2010 8:43:30 AM

with the nForce 730i, it's been problematic to get used to all the features that I lost

I bought an ATI Radeon 5850, and now I can't sleep or hibernate

also, the posts takes around 30 seconds or so, but that is another issue ( I opened a different thread for that)

However, this is another problem that I have, and I would love to hibernate and sleep when I want to
January 29, 2010 8:57:00 AM

rafarataneneces said:
with the nForce 730i, it's been problematic to get used to all the features that I lost

I bought an ATI Radeon 5850, and now I can't sleep or hibernate

also, the posts takes around 30 seconds or so, but that is another issue ( I opened a different thread for that)

However, this is another problem that I have, and I would love to hibernate and sleep when I want to


Don't know what to suggest, but it seems to be a problem with nVidia chipsets and ATI cards. Some people solved all their problems by updating the BIOS with a newer version. It seems to only affect people with nVidia chipsets so it must be that there is some conflicting BIOS values in there. Try to update your BIOS and see what happens.

Also my hibernate and sleep states never worked for my computer with any GPU installed (nVidia or ATI), but in my opinion there is no need for that seeing my PC is up and running in 1 minute.
January 29, 2010 9:09:11 AM

hallowed_dragon said:
Don't know what to suggest, but it seems to be a problem with nVidia chipsets and ATI cards. Some people solved all their problems by updating the BIOS with a newer version. It seems to only affect people with nVidia chipsets so it must be that there is some conflicting BIOS values in there. Try to update your BIOS and see what happens.

Also my hibernate and sleep states never worked for my computer with any GPU installed (nVidia or ATI), but in my opinion there is no need for that seeing my PC is up and running in 1 minute.


Well, the problem is that the guys t eVGA won't release updates for the BIOS because they say "we haven't tested Radeon 5850 on the motherboard yet"

So pretty much, if I would be having this problem with a GTX card, I would get support ASAP

They just act like idiots and imply that they "haven't tried' my ATI Radeon 5850

so the problem is that THEY WILL NOT release an update because they just say "our motherboards should work with ATI"

Should is not the same as they DO WORK with ATI
Related resources
January 29, 2010 9:30:47 AM

rafarataneneces said:
Well, the problem is that the guys t eVGA won't release updates for the BIOS because they say "we haven't tested Radeon 5850 on the motherboard yet"

So pretty much, if I would be having this problem with a GTX card, I would get support ASAP

They just act like idiots and imply that they "haven't tried' my ATI Radeon 5850

so the problem is that THEY WILL NOT release an update because they just say "our motherboards should work with ATI"

Should is not the same as they DO WORK with ATI


I hate when that happens. IMO a mobo manufacturer should test the products with a good variety of GPUs to see if a BIOS is needed to solve some potential problems.
January 29, 2010 1:27:41 PM

Disable Pci Express Link State (ASPM) Power Management in Advanced Power options of the power profile you are using.

~MG~
January 29, 2010 10:17:07 PM

MadGoat1979 said:
Disable Pci Express Link State (ASPM) Power Management in Advanced Power options of the power profile you are using.

~MG~


You are a GENIUS!!!

tell me where should I write the check
January 29, 2010 10:21:19 PM

hallowed_dragon said:
I hate when that happens. IMO a mobo manufacturer should test the products with a good variety of GPUs to see if a BIOS is needed to solve some potential problems.


yeah
well, there was a BIG problem before

8GB of RAM with PCI Express generated a system incompatibility that was so big, that the whole freaking computer wouldn't even POST

it would POST, Reset, POST, Reset

I mean

if EVGA sells motherboards, and then you have to beg them so that they will allow you to use 8GB of RAM with a PCI express card, then there's something seriously wrong with that company

I bought the nForce 730i like 2 years after they were originally released, and I wasn't able to use my new ATI Radeon 5850 for a week or two, until they fixed that problem

Releasing a motherboard with these types of bugs is unacceptable

That said

what is the company that has the BEST reputation in terms of tech support?
You find a bug, go to their forums, wait 2-3 days, there's an update for you

Like, there MUST be a company that is rated #1 in that

I am thinking, my next computer, Gigabyte, USB 3.0, and Intel Core i7, and ATI Radeon

All those components seem fine to me, let me know your suggestions
January 30, 2010 2:47:10 AM

rafarataneneces said:
You are a GENIUS!!!

tell me where should I write the check



Glad I could Help :) 


~MG~

(Oh, and I'm a big fan of Msi. Have worked with them on a couple issues on different occasions and have always been pleased with there prompt service and attention to detail. My .02 :p  )
!