Sign in with
Your question

Msi p45 platinum CD-ROM and MS BUS drivers stop functioning

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 8:50:10 AM

I have msi p45 platinum mainboard.

I have a working system (XP sp3), which recognizes the CD-Roms and MS BUS driver (never heard of this one before my problem occured). The system turned slow :sleep:  after various installations and deinstallations SO...

Time to copy a Ghost-Image back onto a (new) harddrive (so I still have the old working harddrive as well). (the backup was made using a different PC which runs extremely smooth.. (has a GigaBite mainboard though).

As soon as the system boots after the restore, everything works fine.THEN it starts finding new hardware (which makes sense as this is a different machine) and installs the drivers.

It can't find the MS BUS Driver and I get an exclamation mark in my device management. after the 2nd or 3rd reboot, also both DVD/CD drives stop :fou:  and get the same exclamation mark. (the bios still recognises them, and if I plug in the old harddrive, both cd drives work without a problem)

I tried Intel and MSI for driver updates, but was not succesfull. I kind of get the feeling the problem starts with the MS Bus driver of which I don't know where it comes from (is this on the mainboard?) and a result don't know where to get the driver update.

I would be in your eternal dept if someone can solve this mystery !!!

Kind Regard: Marcel
a b V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 1:28:42 PM

You should do a fresh install using the windows cd.
!