Standoffs... How many? Where? Gigabyte EX58-UD5

teslaxero

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Trying to put together my new system... Having a hard time figuring out which standoff locations I need to use for my Gigabyte EX58-UD5. Not that it matters, but it going in an Antec 1200. So anyway if some one could help me figure out which locations I need to install motherboard standoffs in I'd really appreciate it. Thanks mates

Solution

GA-EX58-UD5.jpg

There are nine, the 6 that come in the Antec 1200 should likely stay put and you need to add three from the additional hardware they provide you--big bag of screws. Best bet is to place the board inside and see where they line up. Or set the board on a piece of paper and take a pencil and mark the hole locations, then...

Mr_E

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

GA-EX58-UD5.jpg

There are nine, the 6 that come in the Antec 1200 should likely stay put and you need to add three from the additional hardware they provide you--big bag of screws. Best bet is to place the board inside and see where they line up. Or set the board on a piece of paper and take a pencil and mark the hole locations, then transfer this inside the case and install.

Solution

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ok, if your case supports it i would recommend using as many holes as your mobo supports it. this makes for a better installation and less warping when the components are installed, especially when installing a freaking heavy cpu cooler.