Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Standoffs... How many? Where? Gigabyte EX58-UD5

Last response: in Systems
February 4, 2010 11:22:40 PM

Trying to put together my new system... Having a hard time figuring out which standoff locations I need to use for my Gigabyte EX58-UD5. Not that it matters, but it going in an Antec 1200. So anyway if some one could help me figure out which locations I need to install motherboard standoffs in I'd really appreciate it. Thanks mates
a c 108 V Motherboard
February 4, 2010 11:27:45 PM

Always follow the pattern of the motherboard. Only install what the motherboard will need.
m
l
a c 210 V Motherboard
February 5, 2010 12:16:35 AM

The 1200 will have some premounted....these stay.

Put your MoBo in place and look thru the holes. Put the standoffs in the holes that you see when looking thru the MoBo holes. Use a mechanical pencil if it helps.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 5, 2010 12:49:31 AM

teslaxero said:
Trying to put together my new system... Having a hard time figuring out which standoff locations I need to use for my Gigabyte EX58-UD5. Not that it matters, but it going in an Antec 1200. So anyway if some one could help me figure out which locations I need to install motherboard standoffs in I'd really appreciate it. Thanks mates

There are nine, the 6 that come in the Antec 1200 should likely stay put and you need to add three from the additional hardware they provide you--big bag of screws. Best bet is to place the board inside and see where they line up. Or set the board on a piece of paper and take a pencil and mark the hole locations, then transfer this inside the case and install.
February 5, 2010 9:37:20 AM

Best answer selected by teslaxero.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2010 9:59:15 AM

what sort of question is this? ALL AVAILABLE
m
l
February 5, 2010 11:51:22 AM

ok, if your case supports it i would recommend using as many holes as your mobo supports it. this makes for a better installation and less warping when the components are installed, especially when installing a freaking heavy cpu cooler.
m
l
!