Sign in with
Your question

Asus M4A78LT-M LE

Last response: in Motherboards
September 10, 2010 12:28:09 PM

I'm seriously hoping that Asus will provide me a better help than Newegg did when I told them of my problem..I'm also awaiting a reply from Asus tech...but here's the issue:

Newegg sold me a DIY combo kit. I have received and put together everything in the kit. There's NOTHING in my system that wasn't in the DIY Combo kit, no extras, no overclocking on this system...everything is standard, set to factory, and should be running according to Newegg.

I bought the combo kit that included this:

Asus M4A78LT-M LE motherboard

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 125W 2.82ghz 6core

G.Skill Ripjaws series 9-9-9-24 1.5v DDR3 1333 (1800/OC) PC10600 ram

then the HDD and case were also included....but the main problem is this

Asus M4A78LT-M LE motherboard

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 125W 2.82ghz 6core

That board calls for the 95W processor. Newegg bundled that combo with the 125W processor. I'm getting memory readings at 667, and I can't solve that problem. The CPU is a 125W that I have, and I believe it's to blame for the memory issues. I really don't know where to turn with this. I hate to over-volt anything trying to get Ram to run proper speed, but I have everything set to "Auto" in the bios as of right now. Processor is recognized, but at startup I had to ignore the F1 error about the CPU not being on the QVL list, because it stops and says the CPU isn't supported by this motherboard.

Newegg wants to RMA the board..but they want me to do without my system while I wait on the RMA...otherwise I'll have to purchase yet another motherboard, then wait on it, take their board out once a new one comes in, and return it. I can't be without my computer, because the wife has college classes using PC..and I don't want to afford another motherboard after I spent this much on a combo..I shouldn't have to either. Can anyone give me an idea if theres some sort of resolve on this issue?

More about : asus m4a78lt

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 299 V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 1:26:34 PM

Hi jlmc1978 and welcome to THG.

You can see here the CPU support list for that mobo and like the error says that CPU isn't supported by that mobo.

I'd go with a better mobo since that mobo isn't very good for that CPU and OC.
m
l
September 10, 2010 2:39:03 PM

I'm not too hard-up to do any OC'ing with this rig, it's mostly just to be up-to-date with the times and current hardware...But I do, however, want everything to run to it's fullest potential. I'm hoping for a reply from Asus on whether they can accommodate a bios update to allow this 125W processor. I don't know if they can do that or not. It's running, and it's fast, but it could be faster.
m
l
Related resources
September 10, 2010 7:39:05 PM

After nearly a whole day of arguing with Newegg (I think they are at fault for sending me this board that ADVERTISES it supports the AMD Phenom II..when indeed it does NOT support the Phenom II 125W 6core), I finally talked with Asus and we came to the blunt truth...He told me I would eventually burn the motherboard up running it with that 125W in it. So my only option was to either buy the 95W processor, or buy a board capable of 125W CPU's...so the latter of the two is what I did. I went with Asrock, which is what I had in my previous system (the 775i65G), always had good luck with Asrock.

This board will be here (hopefullly) Monday and I'll swap it out:

ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
m
l
September 18, 2010 11:44:03 AM

Had back luck with the replacement parts..apparently I received a DOA power supply (kicking myself for cheaping out on that CoolerMaster 500w...)
I went and got Advance RMA on ALL the new stuff, CPU, Asrock board, memory, and purchased an Antec ECO 620W active PFC that newegg put on shell shocker wednesday morning...now I'm back up and running but need some help with the memory timings...I'm not sure everything is working as it should with the proper board and CPU..so i want to make sure I"m getting the potential from everything I bought.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 299 V Motherboard
September 20, 2010 1:17:56 AM

Check the timings that u get in the BIOS and with CPU-Tweaker.
m
l
February 20, 2014 6:01:47 PM

A 1333 MHz RAM runs actually at 667MHz.
m
l
!