New build acting strange

JohnPCexe

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Hi, I built my new PC last Monday and it was working perfectly fine until I noticed my video cards fan was really close to the PSU, which could potentially cause problems. So I open up my PC, but I couldn't find my anti-static wrist strap anywhere, so I decided to ground myself regularly. So I move my video card to the top PCI-Express slot and put everything back together and bring my PC to my desk.

When I plugged everything in I noticed that my Razer DeathAdder mouse's LED was on, which is strange because it never does this and only the mouse wheel LED is on, not the logo. So I fire up my PC and for a while it stays on the motherboards screen, longer then usual and then it goes to "Loading operating System" which at most will probably take two seconds, but it stayed for about a minute. Then it finally said "CANNOT LOAD OPERATING SYSTEM INSERT INSTALLATION CD AND HIT ENTER". I think this is a motherboard error because my Logitech G15 LED's don't blink when the computer turns on like it usually does and I also cannot access the BIOS because of this. I think this could be the result of static electricity, but the strange thing is my video card didn't get static shocked, and I was moving that the most. Sorry for the long read, but is this the result of static electricity and will I have to get a new motherboard?

If you need it, my motherboard is a Gigabyte P55A UD3 motherboard I believe.

Try clear/reset your CMOS.
Make sure your psu is turned off and unplugged.
Also depress your case power button to clear capacitor charges.
Then ground yourself by touching metal chassis or psu with one hand.
Remove battery or press cmos button whatever you have.
Wait 3-5min replace battery restart your system