Sign in with
Your question

GA-H55-USB3 & Onboard Video

Last response: in Motherboards
September 10, 2010 2:41:17 PM

Greetings. I just got a Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3 mobo that I'm planning to use for a system upgrade along with an i7-860. When I saw the pictures of the board I saw video connectors so I thought it had onboard video.

But inside the box is a sheet labeled Waring! and says "Onboard video is not available unless paired with an Intel Core i5/Corei3 processor with Intel graphics technology. Intel graphics technology is supported by Intel Core i5 6xx, Core i3 5xx and Pentium G69XX series processors."

Then I had a look at the specs on the Gigabyte site and there is a note that says: "You can use only one of the onboard digital graphics ports (e.g. DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI-D) for output when in the BIOS Setup program or when during the POST screens."

Does anyone have this board or know anything about it? Does an i7-860 have "Intel graphics technology?" If it does am I reading the specs note correctly that I can only use the onboard graphics to look at the bios?!? In other words, do I need to go get myself a video card too?

TIA...

Steve

More about : h55 usb3 onboard video

a b å Intel
a c 717 V Motherboard
September 10, 2010 4:04:27 PM

The on-board graphics is not supported with Lynnfield i7 8xx.

BIOS graphic support is from the MOBO w/o the need of the supported CPU with graphics ~ i3, i5 6xx CPUs.

Yes, you'll need to purchase a separate GPU.
m
l
September 11, 2010 12:13:59 PM

That is correct there are no graphics controller on the Core i7 8 series chip. Here you are a bit stuck. The other thing about the 3 output of displays is just saying you can only display through one of the singular ports not all of them, similar to a dedicated graohics card like dual display. Onboard does not support that kind of interface.

Kindest Regards Rob."
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 20, 2010 11:59:08 AM

I want to use this mobo with i5 760 (no int graphics) with console linux, can it use bios graphics? i need it for special project, where space is limited and i cant fit low profile graphics there. or can someone suggest some ultra low profile graphics gard?
m
l
November 2, 2010 3:56:47 PM

Im sure you will be able to find something from Saphires range, how low is ultra low is it the same size as standered low form factor or is it a specialized base bracket you looking for, sorry for replying so late was out for a bit. Let me know.
m
l
!