Overclock my I5 3570k Help Plz

G

Hello Everyone I need some Help Overclocking my System Cpu!! I just bought the Hyper 212 Evo & wanna Oc but not sure on what to Disable & what to do??
I have Oc before but it been years :/ can anyone please help me I saw the Highest Oc on this Cpu at 4.5ghz with Hyper 212 Evo

Here is my Spec

Intel i5 3570k 3.4ghz Turbo speed 3.8ghz

Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 mobo

RipJaws 4gb DDR3 Ram Timing 7-7-7-21

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

Nvidia GeForce gtx 480

Corsair 650watt Power Supply

2TB Hard Drive

Gaming Case

Solution
Because it's not fully stable.

Your chip won't instantly "blow up" because of high temps below ~100C.

Heat shortens the lifespan of the CPU. The hotter you run it the shorter its life.

I have seen no empirical data on what level of heat/voltage causes what level of degradation and how quickly.

However, I have seen many discussions where people have to start adding voltage, or reducing clock speed, to stabilize their overclocks that worked fine for months or even longer than a year.
G

ya one time I was reading a Quide & I blew my Stuff up lol I need Help step by step on what to do wanna get help from people not guide srry!! When last time overclock alot of people helped me now no one helps anymore :/

G

Someone Please help a bro out lol I really wanna overclock just went out bought me the New Hyper Evo 212 & need help overclocking!!! My stock CPu was 3.4ghz I turned off Turbo speed & set it to 3.8ghz & temps are Very Lower under 40

TheMadFapper

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

There are many guides online that will show you how to overclock Ivy Bridge processors. It also depends on your motherboard or software you use to overclock. I can verify that the 3570K will run perfectly fine at 4.2Ghz without much modification to other settings. My mobo came with an overclocking utility though, and all I really needed to do was change the offset voltage to .004 (I believe?) and raise the multiplier up to 42.

G

Exactly because before when reading off a Guide before it Broke all my stuff everything went badd & I spent over $600 bucks now its gone & now I have Spent another Over $700 bucks & Wanna OverClock my Cpu but Need Help from someone that can Help me :/......... I'm a Gamer & Wanna see Really Great Performance here on this Chip!!! Why I bought it & stuff & it can go More then 4.2ghz lol I have Great Cooling in my system total 9fans all around & temps are between 20 & full load 35...

chugot9218

Honorable
I would like to see the guide that "broke all your stuff", around my office that is preempted by what we like to call "operator error" lol... but anyways, it's not like you are going to see a huge increase in gaming performance with this OC, your CPU is not likely to be bottlenecking any games anyways.

G

i dont know where to find this Forum it has been over a Yr ago last yr when I got into Pc.... & I have seen this Cpu go at 4.5ghz on Hyper 212 Evo & My Motherboard is Really good on Overclocking won so many awards & I oc it at 3.8ghz & only see High temp 40 in Gaming on BF3

G

Im just trying to get in Between 4.2ghz or 4.5ghz or w/e the Highest I can go I get Really Good Air Flow in my Case total 9 fans & havent seen the higest temp go over 42 or nothing yet

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
If you keep your voltage below 1.35v and your temps under 70c you will not hurt your equipment, unless you start messing with variables beyond your CPU multiplier and vcore. (you could go higher on vcore and temp, but I'm leaving you a safety cushion)

It's up to you to verify that your voltage is set correctly and your temps stay under control.

You have to run multiple stress tests while monitoring voltage and temperatures.

You have to watch for little voltage spikes between full load and no load.

You have to continually verify your temps while load testing with more than one program because some programs read low with some equipment. Find two programs that agree on temps.

G

Oh ya ok so all I have to change is the Cpu Ratio & mess around with the Vcore?? that what I change for the Voltage for Cpu?? & DO I have to do anything with the Ram?? Its already set at what the timing & all that stuff is suppose to be 1333 but showing 1375 must of Overclock some how :)... & If that all I have to do is change the Cpu Ratio like when I bump it up like from 3.8ghz to 3.9ghz are you suppose to do it by 1 point everytime going up?? & if it Crashes set the Volts up one on the Vcore or something else for the Cpu???

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
It's important that you understand conceptually what you want to adjust, because different BIOS have slightly different names for the variables in question.

For instance, I can't remember if my motherboard calls it "CPU multiplier" or "turbo multiplier" But I knew not to mess with the variable called "BCLK" (Base clock)

If your RAM is running at 1375, it sounds like your base clock may be off by a little. ( The base clock influences just about all other variables in your system) It should be 100.

You only need to increase Vcore if you get unstable. In fact, I recommend attempting to lower your vcore once you hit your target frequency just to ensure you are not applying extra voltage that you don't need.

You will eventually get to a point where you lower the vcore and your system goes unstable or doesn't even boot. If it won't boot, you need to clear the CMOS to reset back to factory settings and then go back into the BIOS and redo your overclock with slightly higher vcore than what caused your system not to boot.

If you go in small increments, you should get "mild" instability and adjust your voltage back up long before you get a failure to boot. (Blue screen of death is the most common indicator)

G

ya well idk what to change & stuff that why I come on here ask for Help on what to change & stuff & if I need to find out what I'm looking for so I can OverClock my Cpu!!! I have this other thing Turbo Speed at 3.8ghz but that is off & changed it on the CPu Ratio to 3.8ghz is that Safe??

& oh ya bout the Ram I been having Issues on my WIndows 7 Index it was Rated 7.5 when I got ram now its Low at 5.9 idk what is going on?? It still shows that its 4gb Ram & stuff

G

its all good bud :)) ya I have no Clue on what to do I know before someone Helped me out on my Very First Overclock & I got Really Good Performance it was Awesome gave me Step by Step on what to do

redeemer

Distinguished

1 update your bios
2 set multiplier to 44
3. raise vcore to 1.22 starting up to 1.3v
3 alway testing with linx or prime
4 watch temps keep them below 80 on load

you will need a better cooler than a hyper evo for higher clocks tempts start to rocket after 1.35V

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
"CPU clock ratio" is what it's called on your board.

You may have to adjust your "Turbo Power Limit" also. I think my overclocked 2600k pulls 115w at full load, and the stock limit for your chip is 77w. You probably won't need as much power with your ivy bridge chip, but if your chip starts downclocking under load with good temps, it's probably this feature kicking in.

Your vcore will increase automatically of all you do is change the multiplier. Move in small steps and see how the motherboard increases voltage. I have found that many motherboards increase voltage more than is needed. I have ended up using a negative offset with all but one of my overclocks.

Probably in the "vcore voltage response" section of your motherboard, but I can't seem to find what options become available when you go there...

G

Oh ya redeemer? So do I put the 44 on the Cpu Clock Ratio First or do I go up one at a time where its 3.8ghz to 3.9 & all that?? & bump up the Volts to 1.22 & if it Crash keep Raising the Volts to under 1.3v till I find it Stable?? How long do I have to do Test for & stuff??

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
That depends on what kind of overclock you are going for. If you want to run full speed 24/7, just set your voltage to "manual" and then type in the voltage you want to use. (as well as you multiplier)

A dynamic overclock, that idles at low clock speeds and voltages, will require "offset voltage"

Test for at least 30 minutes with a good load test and watch temps and voltage.

G

Well Idk cause I like to Hit over 4Ghz & I was looking up some Stuff on my Mobo & found a Ultity Easy tune 6 & inside Turner there was an overclock on 1-3 at 4ghz to 4.58ghz... Will this work if I do it this way??

& on My Ram its a DDR3 1333 and it shows 1345mhz idk if that is suppose to be like that?? I change it all back to Auto & it saying 9 timing & stuff when its 7-7-7-21
& I also dont understand how windows rated it 7.9 now its 5.9 showing Blue low Performance :/