What is my cpu's life expectancy?

PanicMaster85

Distinguished

[:panicmaster85:2] thats horrible... so what then should i lower the volts? also really i only need it for about more year will it last me that long?

cbrunnem

Distinguished

ammuffin i dont think you read the replies yet again.

i dont think that it is possible to set such a high voltage for the cpu. check your bios or cpu-z for core voltage again.

I'm blind.......... :pt1cable:

Seriously though, I think I scroll too fast. :(

cbrunnem

Distinguished

with that voltage the cpu would last longer then you would want to keep that piece of...

depending on the cooler. what cooler are you using and what are your temps?

Z1NONLY

Distinguished

As high as you can stabilize without overheating or going too high with your voltage. (Stay below 60C under full load)

It will vary from chip to chip.

PanicMaster85

Distinguished
my god... i just made a very stupid decision by trying to overclock my ram... after i did so which i did very dumbly because im not the brightest when it comes to overclocking my system did not post :O so i cleared my cmos and everything was ok but AH... anyways thanks for the reply how high would you say is a good overclock for the chip?

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
You should load test it with something like intel burn test and/or prime 95, and let them run for at least 30 minutes to see max temps.

Double check your temps with two different software sources. You can run two at once. (Sometimes software reads low, so you want two sources to agree on the temps)