Sign in with
Your question

Create Partition For Pagefile Using Partition Magic

Last response: in Storage
February 7, 2012 4:22:13 PM

Hello,
I want to create a pagefile on a unpartitioned 1 TB hard drive using Partition Magic. I have a lot of music files and music programs. Will the pagefile created block access to or limit space for these files and programs to expand as I add new data. I am going to need around 750 G for my music, OS (Windows XP) and all my programs? I know each partition has its own drive letter. It just seems that it will split my C: drive in half, and I will lose the storage space on the C: drive. I am totally inexperienced with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
February 8, 2012 4:14:31 AM

Hello, You can set how large you want the Pagefile.sys to be But surely if you only have 4GB ram then about 8GB pagefile will be perfectly fine anything above it will just be wasted space and never used. More pagefile space does not necessarily mean faster/better performance.
m
l
a b G Storage
April 9, 2012 2:20:37 AM

Kleh said:
Hello,
I want to create a pagefile on a unpartitioned 1 TB hard drive using Partition Magic. I have a lot of music files and music programs. Will the pagefile created block access to or limit space for these files and programs to expand as I add new data. I am going to need around 750 G for my music, OS (Windows XP) and all my programs? I know each partition has its own drive letter. It just seems that it will split my C: drive in half, and I will lose the storage space on the C: drive. I am totally inexperienced with this. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

create the page file? why use partition magic? the Windows snap-in tool could do this. Right-click "My computer" selects properties->"Advanced system settings". In this tag click "seting" then it will guide you to "page file seting".
m
l
!