Sign in with
Your question

Want 2 Upgrade Need advice

Last response: in Systems
February 5, 2010 6:07:36 AM

Hey whats going on every 1 ... I first need 2 say that Toms Forum help, helped me build my computer... So with that being said I return for Upgrade help.... Here is what I have:

CPU: Q6600
MOBO: Gigabyte EP45C-UD3R
RAM: Muskin 8 Gigs
Case and PSU: APEVIA Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply
Video Card: MSI N9600GT 512M GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
HDD: Western Digital Caviar RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

I am also running win 7 rc.... Which I will upgrade to full version soon so I dont need that info... I can play every game I can Imagine and they look good on my dual setup.... Samsung TV via hdmi connection and my generic Princeton 72 monitor (I know OLD SCHOOL) but components is what I am Looking to Upgrade...... BUDGET $350.... Remember Just an Upgrade in anyway..... Love this site and love the input Thanx.... Tony

More about : upgrade advice

February 5, 2010 6:11:49 AM

well for gaming i might say video card and cpu but not sure what apps or programs you run and id say all you really need.
m
l
February 5, 2010 6:42:09 AM

Get a Radeon 5850
m
l
Related resources
February 5, 2010 2:15:03 PM

"I can play every game I can Imagine and they look good on my dual setup.... Samsung TV via hdmi connection and my generic Princeton 72 monitor (I know OLD SCHOOL) but components is what I am Looking to Upgrade"

What do you want to accomplish? Do you want faster frame rates? Do you want to do video rendering? If not, you should probably save your money until you have something specific in mind.

Having said that, if you want to upgrade your video cards to crossfire or DX-11, you should start with a power supply. I like the Corsair TX650, but if you are going to do crossfire, get a 750. After that wait until you have a specific goal in mind.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 5, 2010 4:21:21 PM

If anything, get a 5850 (and overclock your CPU for a free boost). You'll probably want a better PSU eventually, but if you're not having problems with the one you've got now, I don't think the situation is absolutely dire.
m
l
!