Sign in with
Your question

Can ibm 600e take pentium 4m 2.4ghz sl6vc processor for upgrade?

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 11:52:28 AM

Dear forum members, justwondering if it´s possible to replace the pentium 2 in my laptop by pentium 4, 2.4ghz? What, if any, precautions to take or which better processor can match my machine model 2645-8ao with no updates this far?
a c 113 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 12:12:09 PM

It isn't. Different socket, different chipset, etc.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 13, 2010 1:02:20 PM

GhislaainG, thanks for the input. I´m kind of a novies in this domain, but i just want to get a processor that will work better than the PIII 650 MMC-2 because i´ve oddered for a ram memory that will raise the capacity to 544mb after installation and also a hdd is posted to add 100gb to the existing 6gb or so. Please, let me know how to pick a fast processor that will run well in the midst of the above mentioned adjustments to go. Any input will be greatly appreciated and if need be for any added details, let me know. Waiting...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 133 à CPUs
April 13, 2010 2:42:19 PM

Even if you were to get the fastest Pentium III that there is and if you are able to even get it to work it still will not be suitable for anything modern simple stuff like java and flash that use maybe 10 to 20% of the processor on a modern CPU will max out the old Pentium III and will barely run. I suggest not even waisting your time with it because you will be very disappointed no matter what you do to it.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 4:18:52 PM

Thanks Saaiello for the suggestion, however, I already have placed the order for the ram and hard disk memories. Will only update to see what I get. Any other helpful point(s), just let me know.
!