Sign in with
Your question

Prime95 bluescreen

Last response: in Overclocking
October 22, 2012 8:26:07 AM

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I usually find my answers by using the search bar, but this time, I can't. Well, I did find some close answers, but, well, not really answers regarding my problem.. So hear me out.

I did some OCing last week with my 1090T, bumped it to 4.2, bumped NB to 2640mhz. Back then, everything seemed stable. I ran 20 runs of IBT on very high (wouldn't let me run Maximum, I apparently need more RAM) and everything was stable. Then I ran Prime for 12 hours, no errors. Well, actually, I got rounding errors from Prime, but that was before I bumped up CPU NB voltage. Not related to the stability of the 12 hour prime blend I mentioned earlier. So, moving on to this week..

I decided to set my RAM timings to XMP-1600 according to CPU-Z. Friend said it'd be a good idea, because after bumping my FSB, it messed up my timings to 11-11-11-33. So I went with XMP settings. Did my 20 runs of IBT, was stable. Moved to Prime, it was stable for 3 hours, then my PC bluescreened. But I have this itching feeling it's not my RAM... I don't know, but I just have this feeling...

Its a BCCode 124 BSOD. To sum up my minidump, hal.dll, hardware error. But I doubt it's my RAM. If I recall correctly, it will say DATA_BUS_ERROR in the minidump, or something along those lines. I've dealt with bluescreens with RAM as the cause before, and I'm pretty that this time it's not the RAM, but I could be wrong. Could my processor be close to dying? Also, I ran sfc /scannow, it found and fixed problems, but I've yet to test my PC with Prime again, I don't want to fry anything...

Yes, I know my vcore is pretty high. Nothing can be done about it, it's set to 1.45 in BIOS and I've disabled LLC.

Any feedback it appreciated, thanks in advance.

More about : prime95 bluescreen

a b À AMD
a c 241 K Overclocking
October 22, 2012 11:57:56 AM

error 0x00000124 it's mean not enough vcore
for first for stability
keep NB at 2000
HT link 2000
set default RAM
FSB keep 200
multi at 21
i think 1.42v not enough for 4.2ghz ... raise till get stable