Sign in with
Your question

Need help with on going computer freezing

Last response: in Systems
February 5, 2010 8:59:16 AM

I have built many systems in the past for my self and some of my clients, but i have never had an annoying and untraceable problem before.

System specs:

Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard
Intel i7 975 @ 3.33Mhz (Not OC'ed, yet) - Noctua NH-U12P CPU Cooler
Crucial Ballistix 6GB 1600Mhz 3x 2GB 1.65V or there abouts
ATI Radeon 5870 1GB
Samsung F3 1TB HDD (SATA)
Corsair TX950w PSU

Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

The Problem:

While installing OS or Drivers the system responds perfectly and runs how it should Very smoothly, however i intend on playing games and OCing and i am interested in knowing what my 3DMark score would be but everytime i load the application some sort of squeeling noise comes from the system then freezes the whole pc, cant escape or Ctrl + Alt, Del only way is to hard reset. The problem is so wide spread its difficult to pin point a cause, however i had all my components changed for me, MOBO, GPU, RAM, HDD except my PSU and CPU as the PSU was tested on another system and ran with no issues CPU was tested by Yoyotech and passed :??:  as well as running tests on my whole system at Yoyotech twice! both times passing with no problems.

Just dont understand tbh.

Help :sarcastic: 

More about : computer freezing

February 5, 2010 10:58:19 AM

ummm TEST YOUR HARDWARE (ATItool, Prime, Memtest etc)

also try underclocking your ram down to 800 or 1333 mhz and try again

squeeling could be from video card or power supply too
February 5, 2010 12:04:44 PM

prime95 freezes and memtest find no errors with memory.

tryed under clocking ram no effect :??: 

Video card has been changed still the problem passists, PSU seems to be where the sound is comming from may also be the reason am going back to the shop now for further testing.

Thanks for the reply.
February 5, 2010 12:10:45 PM

Prime 95 makes the computer freeze? There's definitely something wrong with your CPU. Do you have any temp readings on it? How hot is it at idle?
!