ASRock x58 extreme / OC Tweaker

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Hello all. I have a "Load CPU EZ OC Settings" option in the bios of the motherboard. If I click it the options 3.6, 3.8, 4.0 etc. comes up.
I have selected the 3.6 and the 3.8 settings and the computer boots to both, and seems to run fine. These settings are verified in CPU Z.

My question.

I also have software applications that load in windows to overclock. They to are products of ASRock that came on disk and installed.

Which oc method is best?
Is there a difference?

Tanks all.

The best method is to Manually Set the OC, and not to use any application(s) to OC.

The difference is most if not all applications conflict at one time or anther with other environmental startup settings and applications. In addition, in some cases Manual "tweaks" <=visa versa=> conflict with {app}lication(s) BIOS overrides. (e.g. yesterday someone could not figure our how come their BIOS settings were cleared out on a brand new MOBO upon every restart. The first reaction is a bad CMOS battery/Clear CMOS, but it was quickly determined after several "arguments" the OP uninstalled the {app} and presto problem went away.

Good Luck - I hope this Answers your question!

gerry410

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010

Hi and thanks for responding.
I understand what your saying in regards to a windows o/c environment causing conflict. Its the other option I'm questioning.

In the BIOS setup on the "oc tweeker" tab is a selection to o/c. Thats not software is it? Its part of the mother board and bios. I understand its unique to asrock motherboards and it tweaks the mobo settings automatically. If the computer runs stable from stock 2.8 to 3.6, 3.8 or 4 why not use it. There couldnt be any diff in the oc quality right?
thanks for your thoughts.