Overclocking My X4 810. help pls

TheEraser

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hi guys, hope you all good :)

A couple of days I bought a new vga, now I wanna overclock my X4 810 (2.6GHz) to 3.5 or more to avoid any bottleneck

My rig :

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 810
Cooler : Hyper 212 Evo Turbo Edition
MB : GA-MA790XT-UD4P (bios F8)
VGA : ATI Sapphire 7850 2GB OC
PSU : Coolermaster 500W

* Room Temp is around 30C

Prime95 Test :
Y6xi1.jpg

Bios settings :
jiI72.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

rage33

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
First thing to do, if you haven't already is to read the OC guides at the top of this forum thread for the best information on overclocking.

seeing how your cpu is not a black edition it does not have a unlocked multiplier, therefore you will need to overclock the old fashioned way by using the FSB. If you were hoping to achieve a 3.5ghz oc you would need a FSB of 235, assuming your stock multiplier is set at x15 (which I'm pretty sure of, but make sure). That would have your CPU running at speed of 3525mhz or 3.5ghz.

IMO 3.5ghz on that cpu would probably be the ceiling of its capabilities, in terms of 24hour stability. So you have a challenge in front of you, but thats the fun of overclocking the the first place.

Just remember to go slow and test every adjustment. Also remember that your RAM, NB, HT, CPU all will be affected by the FSB so make sure your paying attention to speed increases in all areas. Also for that chip I wouldn't recommend increasing your core voltage past 1.5v. Good luck and hope this helps