AMD ATHLON-2 QUAD-CORE 620

hello...

Mm... this is my question, do AMD ATHLON-2 QUAD-CORE 620 runs on mobo socket AM2 ? :o

p/s: Sorry for my english. :D
5 answers Last reply
More about athlon quad core
  1. But...

I got it from Techspot.com...

"Like the Phenom range, the Athlon II X4 620 is capable of operating on either AM2/AM2+ or AM3 motherboards, and thus inherits the ability to use DDR2 or DDR3 memory. This could arguably be a way to provide users with a viable upgrade path a few years down the track, but for most the case will be about picking up the cheapest and best performing parts today."

Is it true..?
  2. vivil said:
    But...

I got it from Techspot.com...

"Like the Phenom range, the Athlon II X4 620 is capable of operating on either AM2/AM2+ or AM3 motherboards, and thus inherits the ability to use DDR2 or DDR3 memory. This could arguably be a way to provide users with a viable upgrade path a few years down the track, but for most the case will be about picking up the cheapest and best performing parts today."

Is it true..?

Is it true? it is some what.....

It really depends on the Motherboard maker if they release a new bios that supports the newer AM3 cpus.

example:

Here a jetway motherboard that has an AM2 socket but doesn't support AM3 cpus

http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherboard_view.asp?productid=252&proname=M2A692-GHG

And here a Gigabyte Motherboard with same AM2 socket but can run AM3 cpus

http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=3210&ver=#anchor_os

So is it true? Yes. although if the motherboard maker didn't update the bios, then no.
  3. what board u plannin 2 use it in?
  4. warmon6 is correct. The AM2 socket does support all current AMD processors, providing the manufacturer provides a bios update to support the chip. At this point in time, only a small percentage of AM2 boards still receive bios updates. So the odds are against you. Check with your boards manufacturer for bios updates and supported cpu. If your using a machine from a big oem like Dell or HP, your probably out of luck. Those boards almost never receive support for new processors.
  5. Ohh... i see...

The conclusion is.. All buyers depend on Motherboard manufacturer whether they had released the new bios or not... isn't that? :ange:

Whatever... thank u to all ... :hello:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Quad Core AMD Socket Product