Will ddr3 ram work in my GA-P35-DS3L

G

Hi there sorry to bother anyone, changed my first graphic card yesterday sucess, but i also bought corsair xms3 ram 1600mhz 4gb (2x2gb)ver2.3 as recommend in a pc mag. my pc is 3yr old with a G-P35-DS3L motherboard i have a present 4gb of kingson ram (1gbx4) at i think 800mhz, my question is can use the new ram at all, can replace 2sticks leaving two old and 2 new, or better taking all the old out and using just the 2 new sticks, or am going to have to buy ddr2 ram to work, i dont mine if the new xms3 is usable but not to full if its better then the old kingson ram being used, again sorry for the bother and i am grateful for any help cos i am pretty thick. cheers

G

sorry for being really silly but will the ddr3 work at all of it a matter of ddr2 ram and below will work only in the motherboard cheers

G

thanks i am really silly, that will teach to look it up b4 i buy. thanks for ur help

4745454b

Titan
I could be wrong, but I don't think the DS3L uses DDR3 ram. Most P35 boards don't.

If by chance your board does use DDR3 ram, then it depends on your windows OS. If you have a 64Bit copy and do tasks that need lots of ram, use the 6GBs. If you have a 32bit os, or don't use memory intensive apps, then just use the 2x2GB.

TRENDING THREADS