Your question

I need a good 1156 motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Asus
  • PCI Express
Last response: in Motherboards
September 11, 2010 9:24:32 AM

Hi, I'm here again to ask for another motherboard suggestion.
I need to replace my ASUS P7P55D with x16/x4 PCI-E slots (I'm running a crossfire setup so this is probably no good)

Here's what I need the new board to have:
USB3
SATA3
dual x8 PCI-E slots

here's what I'm looking at so far:
ASUS P7P55-E Pro
MSI P55A-GD65

More suggestions would be very much appreciated :) 
thanks in advance.

Also, comparisons between the two boards above are welcome ;) 

More about : good 1156 motherboard

a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 11:24:10 AM

i luv me some MSI
m
l
a c 236 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
September 11, 2010 2:41:57 PM

I luv me some ASUS :lol: 

In trurth, I support ASUS, as I feel they are the better motherboards, but in the end both will suit your needs just fine.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 2:44:45 PM

Hello, what graphics cards are you looking to Crossfire? There is not a major performance difference with x4 and x8 especially with the smaller graphics cards.
m
l
September 11, 2010 2:52:20 PM

Wolygon said:
Hello, what graphics cards are you looking to Crossfire? There is not a major performance difference with x4 and x8 especially with the smaller graphics cards.

I have two 5770's the x16/x4 combo doesn't seem to be good at managing 2 cards, especially when I see the two cards doing this:

GPU1 load:70% GPU2 load:99%

when running games :/ 

crossfire people say that crossfire doesn't like mismatched bandwith, that would probably explain why I see flickering when I run furmark >_<
(well not really flickering but the textures/text seem to be somewhat flickering, kinda resembles when the TV has a weak signal)
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 3:06:07 PM

ur right, both cards are trying to share the work equally, and that is difficult when one is bottlenecked by its main bus
m
l
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 11:55:43 PM

Yeah ok, but still its not a massive loss. 170%/2 = 85% .So you've 85% of the performance that you'd have x8/x8 (or around abouts). Just wondering if you can spend the amount for a new board for that increase in performance.

If your going with a board I'd go for the Asus but it doesn't really matter.
m
l
September 12, 2010 1:44:20 PM

I think I'm gonna go through with the MSI P55A-GD65 as it seems to be cheaper than the asus one, with almost identical features. Anybody who seems to think otherwise may state why. more opinions are still welcome before I buy it :) 
m
l
!