I need a good 1156 motherboard

Hi, I'm here again to ask for another motherboard suggestion.
I need to replace my ASUS P7P55D with x16/x4 PCI-E slots (I'm running a crossfire setup so this is probably no good)

Here's what I need the new board to have:
USB3
SATA3
dual x8 PCI-E slots

here's what I'm looking at so far:
ASUS P7P55-E Pro
MSI P55A-GD65

More suggestions would be very much appreciated :)
thanks in advance.

Also, comparisons between the two boards above are welcome ;)
7 answers Last reply
More about good 1156 motherboard
  1. i luv me some MSI
  2. I luv me some ASUS :lol:

In trurth, I support ASUS, as I feel they are the better motherboards, but in the end both will suit your needs just fine.
  3. Hello, what graphics cards are you looking to Crossfire? There is not a major performance difference with x4 and x8 especially with the smaller graphics cards.
  4. Wolygon said:
    Hello, what graphics cards are you looking to Crossfire? There is not a major performance difference with x4 and x8 especially with the smaller graphics cards.

I have two 5770's the x16/x4 combo doesn't seem to be good at managing 2 cards, especially when I see the two cards doing this:

GPU1 load:70% GPU2 load:99%

when running games :/

crossfire people say that crossfire doesn't like mismatched bandwith, that would probably explain why I see flickering when I run furmark >_<
    (well not really flickering but the textures/text seem to be somewhat flickering, kinda resembles when the TV has a weak signal)
  5. ur right, both cards are trying to share the work equally, and that is difficult when one is bottlenecked by its main bus
  6. Yeah ok, but still its not a massive loss. 170%/2 = 85% .So you've 85% of the performance that you'd have x8/x8 (or around abouts). Just wondering if you can spend the amount for a new board for that increase in performance.

If your going with a board I'd go for the Asus but it doesn't really matter.
  7. I think I'm gonna go through with the MSI P55A-GD65 as it seems to be cheaper than the asus one, with almost identical features. Anybody who seems to think otherwise may state why. more opinions are still welcome before I buy it :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus PCI Express