Liquid cooling not good enough

sethandflirt

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hi i have corsair h60 liquid cooling on my fx 4100. I am trying to do some serious overclocking but even with this liquid cooling I am limited by heat. I am positive it is installed correctly I have watched a lot of videos and read a lot of forums I use the arctic paste stuff and have tried re applied it several times with no better results I tighten the screws evenly don't use to much paste and all that good stuff. So what I am wondering is there any air cooler that i would keep my cpu any cooler I don't want to spend more than 50-60$. Also I can hook another fan up to the radeater I have tried this with out any difference that I can tell, however, the fan I put on was just a cheap low speed fan dose any body know where I can get a 120mm high air flow fan for not to much i will try this before I get a different cooler. I am trying to get around a 5.5MHz clock that I can run a stability test on have gotten clocks that high but can not run any stability test.
thanks

You may benefit by looking over this thread.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/275185-29-exploring-ambient-water-cooling

The H60 is not that good in the first place yet alone trying to do that kind of OCing. For the price of the H60 you can get a really good heatsink/fan that is going to work much better and at a lower price. I have a XSPC 750 RS240 water cooling kit on my FX-8120 running at 4ghz(20x multiplier) with idle temp of 29c and full load at 35c. I would not even get close to that on a H60 for one the rad is just to small to cool the water down enough.