Solved

Liquid cooling not good enough

Hi i have corsair h60 liquid cooling on my fx 4100. I am trying to do some serious overclocking but even with this liquid cooling I am limited by heat. I am positive it is installed correctly I have watched a lot of videos and read a lot of forums I use the arctic paste stuff and have tried re applied it several times with no better results I tighten the screws evenly don't use to much paste and all that good stuff. So what I am wondering is there any air cooler that i would keep my cpu any cooler I don't want to spend more than 50-60$. Also I can hook another fan up to the radeater I have tried this with out any difference that I can tell, however, the fan I put on was just a cheap low speed fan dose any body know where I can get a 120mm high air flow fan for not to much i will try this before I get a different cooler. I am trying to get around a 5.5MHz clock that I can run a stability test on have gotten clocks that high but can not run any stability test.
thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about liquid cooling good enough
  1. Best answer
  2. 5.5ghz?

LN2....
  3. amuffin said:
    5.5ghz?

LN2....
    :pt1cable: Not many can hit that high stable i can't 5.2GHZ 1.45V is my record ;)
  4. sethandflirt said:
    Hi i have corsair h60 liquid cooling on my fx 4100. I am trying to do some serious overclocking but even with this liquid cooling I am limited by heat. I am positive it is installed correctly I have watched a lot of videos and read a lot of forums I use the arctic paste stuff and have tried re applied it several times with no better results I tighten the screws evenly don't use to much paste and all that good stuff. So what I am wondering is there any air cooler that i would keep my cpu any cooler I don't want to spend more than 50-60$. Also I can hook another fan up to the radeater I have tried this with out any difference that I can tell, however, the fan I put on was just a cheap low speed fan dose any body know where I can get a 120mm high air flow fan for not to much i will try this before I get a different cooler. I am trying to get around a 5.5MHz clock that I can run a stability test on have gotten clocks that high but can not run any stability test.
    thanks

You may benefit by looking over this thread.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/275185-29-exploring-ambient-water-cooling
  5. you say you've stuck 2 fans on it. In what configuration?

pushing and pulling or both pushing/pulling?
  6. captainblacko said:
    you say you've stuck 2 fans on it. In what configuration?

pushing and pulling or both pushing/pulling?

they were both pushing air out of the case
  7. bigcyco1 said:

Thanks Ill look into them.
  8. The H60 is not that good in the first place yet alone trying to do that kind of OCing. For the price of the H60 you can get a really good heatsink/fan that is going to work much better and at a lower price. I have a XSPC 750 RS240 water cooling kit on my FX-8120 running at 4ghz(20x multiplier) with idle temp of 29c and full load at 35c. I would not even get close to that on a H60 for one the rad is just to small to cool the water down enough.
  9. Best answer selected by sethandflirt.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Overclocking Cooling Water Cooling