What psu and gpu should i buy?

japchap1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I have a low end pc which i play wow fine on with medium settings, i wanna upgrade it now so im future proof for wow :p .

MY power supply says its only 218 watts o_O , and my current graphics card is an old 8500gt 256mb.

I wanna upgrade it so wow can play on high settings with low shadows .

im wanna upgrade my psu if needed and my graphics card, my budget is about £ 80.

could someone help me find a good combination ty :)

japchap1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
i saw a 9600gt video card today for £55 which is around $84 would that suffice?

btw if you need any other pc specs just ask

The 4670 and the 9600GT are about dead even in performance they each can perform a little better in different games and what not but are basically same performance what I like about the 4670 is that it uses less power and runs cooler then the 9600GT. I never had an 9600GT but I have had a 4670 and I was able to overclock really good on a stock fan that it came with to give it a little boost that is where the card running cooler makes it better choice. But if the 6 euros breaks the budget get the 9600 either way it will be better then what you have.

I said they perform about the same I am telling the OP from my personal experiences with the 4670 that it is a great card it will perform just about even with most games especially with the latest catalyst drivers that gave about all them games a boost in performance since those benchmarks were done in 2008 so stop showing old and out dated benchmarks and acting like you know something.

And BTW i probably graduated when you was in diapers you really need to relax you are way to high strung with jumping down peoples throats and insulting people. Go play your little games while real people do actual work on computers.

Keep telling yourself whatever you need to make yourself feel better about yourself if it makes you feel better to be a complete idiot by all means enjoy.

This is the last time I am ever responding to you with your "immature" attitude have a nice life.