Sign in with
Your question

Ram compatibility check

Last response: in Motherboards
September 11, 2010 7:22:11 PM

Hello,
I was thinking of purchasing a new computer, and had a look at this motherboard: "Asus P7H55D-M PRO Socket 1156, H55, mATX". I was wondering if this motherboard is compatible with Corsair 4gb (KIT) DDR3 1600MHz/CL9/1,65V./XMS3 Intel i5/i7? I'm also getting the Intel® Core i5 760, 2.8GHz 8MB cpu, if that information would do any difference. I'm a hardware noob so sorry if my question is silly, but I've noticed motherboards tend to be quite oversensitive with certain RAM-types.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 7:42:19 PM

If you are skeptical on the memory compatibility scenario, you can always visit the manufacturers website relating to the motherboard and check out the compatible memory list.. On a side note, if you can, go for P55 chipset based motherboard..
September 11, 2010 7:46:00 PM

Emperus said:
If you are skeptical on the memory compatibility scenario, you can always visit the manufacturers website relating to the motherboard and check out the compatible memory list.. On a side note, if you can, go for P55 chipset based motherboard..

So, if I could get Asus P7P55 LX, Intel P55, S1156, ATX for the same price, that would be the obvious choice I suppose? And thanks for the tip, as I said, I'm kind of bad at the hardware part of computers..
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2010 7:53:31 PM

Yes surely get the P55 motherboard.. And don't worry about your knowledge being low, everything starts from ground zero only.. We all started that way and guess what, we are still learning..
September 11, 2010 7:57:26 PM

Thanks a bunch for your quick replies, you really helped me out today. I owe ya one!
!