Not Good Overclock With H100....Plz Help!!!

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hi Guys,

Recntly I bought an H100 Cooler by expecting 4.8GHz or at least 4.6GHz could get from I7 3770K with help of it. But its not getting up from 4.4GHz and I read on a thread that I could get this performance from an Good Air Cooler. Its so frustrating to buy an expensive product and u don't get expected performance and corsair is saying that it is normal.

Please tell me how to run H100 at full speed, I already pressed showing off speed button on pump, but no change in temps and FAN RPM. Plz help me if I am doing any possible mistakes.

My Specs:
Maximus V Gene
I73770K+H100
Corsair Vengeance
Corsair TX 650

Solution
That is your issue right there or at least part of it your going to need to buy some Silverstone AP or Cougar Vortex fans but for now try this tutorial you should always overclock through the bios http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

I have already checked tihghtness and I m using H100 Stock thermal paste.

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

The chip is just one month old and i didn't overclock on stock cooler.
I read on many threads that i could reach 4.4GHz with H212 Cooler.
Temps on 4.4GHZ is 85. and voltage is 1.336 (By CPUZ-), and not get bluescreen 4.4GHz.

And a side note, I have spent lot of my pocket money on this rig and as an enthusiast, I want to get most out of it(Without smoking it---LOL).

Ok, so you had no idea of the chips capabilities on stock cooling,
You have 4.4 down stable with reasonable (for most) temps,
I think you may have rushed into things here, you say yourself you 'expected' 4.6 or 4.8GHz, check out the Intel overclocking guide up top and run through anything you may have missed, prepare yourself for the possibility that 4.4GHz is your chips limit, or you may realise your fear of smoking said chip (Don't Intel do some O/c warranty swap thing?)
having said that I wouldn't expect massive results using a H100, you have it on pushpull or just one side of fans?
Moto

That's that good ole H-100 for you lol. Who told you to buy that? I find it hard to believe somebody who knows what their talking about would recommend it but Anyway like Moto mentioned i to think you may have rushed into things here but i am sorry your unhappy and hope things all turn out for the best good luck!

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

Moto...plz don't mind, i don't think that every chips has their limit until you are doing it the right way. So plz help me out in this...

I want to mention this (if it matters), I am overclocking it with asus AI_Suite software came with motherboard(Of course updated).

and is their any RAM's roll in processor overclockin....

And i m using stock fan on H100 so no pushpull.

That is your issue right there or at least part of it your going to need to buy some Silverstone AP or Cougar Vortex fans but for now try this tutorial you should always overclock through the bios http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

Solution

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

thanks bigcyco, helped a lot. I'll step to those recommendations. Three questions plz..

1. Asus AI Suite is auto overclocker so isn't it should be accurate.

2. When we increase the Processor GHz Manually, what do we have to do with voltage, i mean we increase it or decrease. (A little confused after reading the page u referred to), and when we have to change it.

3. Does intel gives warranty of OCed Smoked CPU.

TRENDING THREADS