EVGA X58 SLI3 & i7-950, Overclock Me!

hyrule571

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Hi,

Short story: Show me how to specifically overclock with increased voltages on an X58 based system. I want to push this i7-950 to 4.3GHz.

Long Story: I'm not new to overall overclocking, but I need some help overclocking this system. I've overclocked processors before at school, and here at home. Sadly, I've only exposed myself to overclocking through positive FSB increments.

There are many settings to this platform, and it seems too big of a world for me to handle. I've never messed with increasing voltage when overclocking, yet I'm fully aware that too much voltage equates to damaged hardware. I've read a countless amount of times about overclocking that deals with voltages, so virtually my feet are wet in this topic. In all reality though, I haven't messed with voltages. Shed some knowledge, you can talk technical... =]

hyrule571

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
This is my second thread that has had no replies. I've read multiple websites on how to overclock the LGA 1366 based i7, and it just doesn't seem clear to me. I've watched a video on it too, but I don't know what is best for me. I can't seem to figure this out. Please help me!