Asus Motherboard Help P5QL-VM/EPU

Bschwartz40

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010
Hi everyone.

I'm pretty new to the TomsHardware site and I have a question I need some help with. I have an Asus Essentio CM5571 Computer.
I bought it refurbished, and the motherboard it comes with is labeled P5QL-M EPU. This motherboard is listed on no other site or even on the Asus site itself. There is a motherboard that is called the P5QL-VM/EPU that looks identical to my board besides the color of the DIMM slots. Here is a link to a picture of one http://en.kioskea.net/guide/1232104-asus-p5ql-vm-epu

Now for the question, would I be able to flash the BIOS of this motherboard onto mine and unlock all of the features of the other one? I downloaded the manual and all the chipsets are the same, all the labels, and in fact after I'm done writing this im going to peel away the sticker that shows the mobo model number and see if it says P5QL-VM/EPU.

I would appreciate some help with this. Thanks!

Solution
If they have all the same features then you have a very good chance of flashing the BIOS. I have a Fujitsu Siemens board running on a MSI Bios for the retail model.

Bschwartz40

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

Now if I flashed a different BIOS, and it doesn't work, would I be able to flash the stock BIOS back onto it?