Stopped cold restart

Googlybear

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
i just installed an SSD in my dell 435t.

i have windows 7 home premium installed already.

here's the thing. after installing 97 updates i was prompted to restart, so i did. now it is stuck on the shutting down screen. it's been that way for about half an hour.

if this isn't normal, will i do any harm by giving it a hard shut down and a restart after?

all responses are always appreciated.

Solution
You must be getting the e-mail that is asking you to select a best answer. For the e-mails to stop you will have to do so.
The hard shutdown is not that bad a thing for a computer I just wouldn't keep doing it because it is a sign of something being messed up in the registry and a reinstall of Windows would be a good thing to do.
But if it is a one time event then it's no big deal.
You must be getting the e-mail that is asking you to select a best answer. For the e-mails to stop you will have to do so.
The hard shutdown is not that bad a thing for a computer I just wouldn't keep doing it because it is a sign of something being messed up in the registry and a reinstall of Windows would be a good thing to do.
But if it is a one time event then it's no big deal.

Solution

Googlybear

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

since i was the only one 'responding' to my own post, best answer wasn't even an option.

you win! :kaola: thanks!