Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good deal?

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 5, 2010 10:25:03 PM

Quote:
*BASE_PRICE: [+799]
BUNDLE: None
BLUETOOTH: None
CD: LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CAS: Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower Case [-25]
CASUPGRADE: None
CS_FAN: Default case fans
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+36]
FAN: Asetek LCLC 120 Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
FREEBIE_RM: None
FREEGAME_VC02: FREE! (Stormrise) Game
FA_HDD: None
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FLOPPY: None
HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
MONITOR: *24' LCD - Asus VH242H Wide Screen TFT Active Matrix LCD Display (Black) - Fall Special [+199]
MONITOR2: None
MOTHERBOARD: MSI 770-G45 AM3 770 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
MODEM: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts Power Supplies [+10] (XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply)
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SOFT1: Free 60 Days Microsoft® Office® 2007 (Words, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook + More) - Microsoft Windows OS Required
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
UPS1: Ultra 10 Outlet Surge w/ Modem & FAX Protection [+19]
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO2: None
VC_PHYSX: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+1038)
_view_: d


With shipping $1,117.00

please remember this includes a monitor and windows 7 (and shipping, and a 3 year warranty)
Thanks,
Brian

More about : good deal

February 5, 2010 10:28:54 PM

or is
Quote:
*BASE_PRICE: [+709]
BUNDLE: None
BLUETOOTH: None
CD: LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CAS: Apex Vortex 3620 Mid-Tower Gaming Case (Black Color)
CASUPGRADE: None
CS_FAN: Default case fans
CPU: AMD Phenom™II X4 955 Black Edition Quad-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
FAN: Asetek LCLC 120 Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
FREEBIE_RM: None
FREEGAME_VC02: None
FA_HDD: None
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
FLOPPY: None
HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+42])
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
MONITOR: *24' LCD - Asus VH242H Wide Screen TFT Active Matrix LCD Display (Black) - Fall Special [+199]
MONITOR2: None
MOTHERBOARD: MSI 770-G45 AM3 770 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI
MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
MODEM: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts Power Supplies [+10] (XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply)
PRINTER: None
PRINTER_CABLE: None
RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
TEMP: None
TVRC: None
USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
UPS1: Ultra 10 Outlet Surge w/ Modem & FAX Protection [+19]
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB DDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+22] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
VIDEO2: None
VC_PHYSX: None
WNC: None
_PRICE: (+1105)
_view_: d

which would be 1,105 a better deal?
February 5, 2010 10:35:15 PM

That looks suspiciously like ibuypower, or maybe cyberpower.

General advice you'll get on these forums is
1. Don't buy cheap boutique. THey are infamous for using refurbished/used parts.
2. They never give you exact componenets used. 1 DDR3 1600 RAM =/= another. We recommend specific parts because they are the best price/performance. You have no control over this w/ cheap boutique.
3. If it is Cyberpower or Ibuypower, their 3 year warranty means ***. Any issues take months to get resolved and you end up spending hundreds on dollars in shipping, etc.
Check their Better Business Bureau or Resellerratings pages.
http://www.bbb.org/us/
http://www.resellerratings.com/

4. Cyberpower is especially known for cheap PSU's that blow up entire systems.

5. If you must go boutique, go Main Gear, AVA Direct, Puget Systems or Digital Storm.
Related resources
February 5, 2010 10:44:06 PM

banthracis said:
That looks suspiciously like ibuypower, or maybe cyberpower.

General advice you'll get on these forums is
1. Don't buy cheap boutique. THey are infamous for using refurbished/used parts.
2. They never give you exact componenets used. 1 DDR3 1600 RAM =/= another. We recommend specific parts because they are the best price/performance. You have no control over this w/ cheap boutique.
3. If it is Cyberpower or Ibuypower, their 3 year warranty means ***. Any issues take months to get resolved and you end up spending hundreds on dollars in shipping, etc.
Check their Better Business Bureau or Resellerratings pages.
http://www.bbb.org/us/
http://www.resellerratings.com/

4. Cyberpower is especially known for cheap PSU's that blow up entire systems.

5. If you must go boutique, go Main Gear, AVA Direct, Puget Systems or Digital Storm.

Its covered under a 3 year warranty though yes?
and it is CyberPowerpC
February 5, 2010 10:55:06 PM

Their warranty is meaningless. If it breaks you pay shipping back to them, and then back to yourself, ~$150. Most people report comps being sent back w/o issues fixd months later and they end up having to spend money again to send it back to them again.

A company can give you a 100 year warranty and it's useless if they don't actually honor it and instead you spend months arguing with them over the phone.

Other companies like Puget will give 3 year warranties where if there's an issues they'll have a tech in your home the next day, or they'll pay for 2nd day shipping back to them, fix the issue and 2nd day it back to you.

Read BBB and resellerratings before you buy a computer from any company.

Read cyberpowerpcs's reseller ratings page. There have been people who literally had their 1 year warranty expire before a broken computer shipped to them got fixed.
February 5, 2010 11:48:12 PM

banthracis said:
Their warranty is meaningless. If it breaks you pay shipping back to them, and then back to yourself, ~$150. Most people report comps being sent back w/o issues fixd months later and they end up having to spend money again to send it back to them again.

A company can give you a 100 year warranty and it's useless if they don't actually honor it and instead you spend months arguing with them over the phone.

Other companies like Puget will give 3 year warranties where if there's an issues they'll have a tech in your home the next day, or they'll pay for 2nd day shipping back to them, fix the issue and 2nd day it back to you.

Read BBB and resellerratings before you buy a computer from any company.

Read cyberpowerpcs's reseller ratings page. There have been people who literally had their 1 year warranty expire before a broken computer shipped to them got fixed.

but price is a concern, Puget is quite expensive.
February 6, 2010 12:26:07 AM

Which is why we tell people to just build their own systems.

AVA Direct's computers are actually pretty close in price to cyberpower if you go through custom desktop instead of gaming.
February 6, 2010 12:50:29 AM

banthracis said:
Which is why we tell people to just build their own systems.

AVA Direct's computers are actually pretty close in price to cyberpower if you go through custom desktop instead of gaming.

Do they have Bill me later as a payment option?
!