I want to overclock my CPU E5200 2.5GHz + Asus P5QPL-AM

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012
Hi,

I want to tweak my system's settings and want to overclock my CPU.

My Spec
Intel Dual Core E5200 @2.5GHz
ASUS P5QPL-AM
PSU - 450W
GPU - Sapphire HD6670 1GB - DDR3

Please help to overclock it and also explain how to be careful about it being overheating.

Thanks.. :bounce:

Solution

sorry tired at the time but like i said i have gave you all the settings already just enter them in and go from there i hope you have aftermarket cooling those stock coolers are rubbish and if you are getting 65 and you not getting that while running prime95 i would be concerned ( i personally never let my chips get over 65c, i like my chips to last for ever) . if your running stock cooling maybe consider buying something like a...

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012
I tried default overclocking profile from my motherboard and now cpu running at 3.01GHz.. It is stable and running superbly no issue..

Is it good enough for Dual core E5200...

How can i overclock RAM??

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

motherboard overclock profiles are the worst way to overclock they use excessive volts for a crappy little overclock. my e5200 i had years ago was running at 3.8ghz from memory with a small bump in voltage over default (like .1v) and bumping up the northbridge like 2 steps within bios could go to 4ghz but was worth ringing its neck for 200 mhz, as it would easily beat my mates top of the range core2duo that cost 4 times as much as my e5200. i think i was running a bit over 1200 fsb but you have to drop your memory strap so it doesnt run much over stock speeds. dunno how your gonna go with that mobo its a cheapy though! make sure you have a decent heatsink and fan and your northbrige will get hot to so make sure you have adequate case airflow. probably set shutdown temps in your bios if it go over like 75~80c if your not sure and test if stable with prime95

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

Can you given complete information over BOIS settings..

I need help here to sort this out..

:whistle:

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

3.01 for an e5200 is pathetic, sorry, most of them hit 4ghz when pushed and i could get mine 3.5ghz without altering any voltage at all. i built 4 systems with e5200 and e5300's the worst i got was an e5300 @ 3.7ghz with minimal voltage usage. i already gave you as much as i could remember e5200 were about 5years or so ago and i have had atleast 3 cpu's in my gaming rig since, i just cant remember any more specific but i gave u all you need. your multiplier is already set at its max which is 12.5 from memory, i bumped the voltage .1v above motherboard default, i bumped northbridge 2 steps above motherboard default, bump the fsb up to around 1200 from memory and adjust your ram strap so that it doesnt go far over your rams rated speed. you dont need more than that unless you wanna go over 4ghz. e5200's are idiot proof even a moron should be able to get 3.5. STOP USING MOTHERBOARD OVERCLOCK PROFILES THEY ARE CRAP!!

XMEN_2012

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2012

Hi Jason,

That was nice gesture from you.

I'm beginner and learning now. I dont know what settings are better and which are not. and still if i'll get such performance without doing anything. I should be happy and I am.

I'll see how can I go 3.5 or eve 4.0. it is matter of time only.

Thanks.. ;)

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

sorry tired at the time but like i said i have gave you all the settings already just enter them in and go from there i hope you have aftermarket cooling those stock coolers are rubbish and if you are getting 65 and you not getting that while running prime95 i would be concerned ( i personally never let my chips get over 65c, i like my chips to last for ever) . if your running stock cooling maybe consider buying something like a coolermaster hyper tx-3 (~20 bucks) or hyper 212evo (about 30 bucks and you can move it to your next compu) then you can overclock without worring so much about frying your compu, i would never overclock on stock cooling unless ambients are really low and even then it wouldnt be very far. please get rid of that motherboard profile overclock it will be pumping way to much volts thru that chip particularly if your on stock cooling or at the very least go in and manually drop the voltage back down and leave the overclock as is!

Solution