ATI Problems continue with new issues

Since your obviously a noob, it's common for there to be problems with a newer driver, that's why sometimes you have to revert back to the old one.

I never update my driver unless there's a specific fix or performance increase in a certain game or app that I want.

Some people seem to think that if you have a HD4850 or an older card that you always want the latest driver. The latest drivers usually specifically address issues with newly released cards or games.

^+1
My 4850 are still running on 9.7 which came on the CD with the card... :)
I never update it with the latest one...

View1

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010

Hmmm. Let me think. These drivers were to fix some of the issues we/I already had with the OLD Drivers and the one's that came on the CD. had tried hot fix, MOBO & GPU Bios flash.
You know all the stuff they tell you to do and then ask you to run some tests for them to see if we can figure out their problems when things do not work right.
Seems to me we are paying them good money and doing their work for them just because they released something that was not fully tested and working properly.
The way I see it is if you purchased a new lets say: TV, Stereo, Laptop, Washing machine and it did not work correctly or was faulty. The first thing that would happen is you would ring them to let them know so their can sort it and if that did not work you would return it and tell them to fix it or jam it.
But instead created more problems.
So my brand new system complete with the 2 x XFX597A-BE have now headed back to the suppliers who are now trying to sort the issues themselves and have been told fix them or jam them.