Is there one? Where would I download it if there was?

loony

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2001

off their site http://www.thief3.com

But there's not one... at least not yet.

Loony wrote:
> off their site http://www.thief3.com
>
> But there's not one... at least not yet.
>
> "Sam...er?" <samasin@sammer.com> wrote in message
>
>>Is there one? Where would I download it if there was?

Well, there's a short demo of the DX:IW game somewhere that would let
you get familiar with how the game engine and graphics *might* look.
It's the same engine, but the Thief team has supposedly tweaked it more.

--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
By the Beans of Java my thoughts acquire speed, my teeth acquire stain,

On Sat, 8 May 2004 13:18:39 -0400, "Sam...er?"
<samasin@sammer.com> wrote:

>Is there one? Where would I download it if there was?

No, there won't be one before the actual game is released. The
dev team would like to do one but Eidos have not asked them to.
See my separate thread for source.

"Fidcal" <trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 8 May 2004 13:18:39 -0400, "Sam...er?"
> <samasin@sammer.com> wrote:
>
> >Is there one? Where would I download it if there was?
> >
> No, there won't be one before the actual game is released. The
> dev team would like to do one but Eidos have not asked them to.
> See my separate thread for source.

For their sake, it's probably best that they don't. Everyone who has ever
played Thief 1 or 2 will probably buy the 3rd and if there is a demo, there
could be less sales.