FX 8350 Prime 95 problems

Ok, so i just got my fx 8350 today, and installed it about an hour ago and a half ago. I tried OCing it to 4.2 because that is what turbo core is up to. I blend tested it, and i kept getting fatal errors. I tried to bump the vcore up a tad bit, and it didnt change anything.. So, i resorted to changing my BIOS back to default. Then i ran Prime 95 again, just to check what temps i will be dealing with on the stock heatsink. HOWEVER, even with everything stock in he BIOS, i was still getting a fatal error.... WHY?!?!?!

EDIT:
cores 5 and 6 were the ones that were getting errors and shutting off
5 answers Last reply
More about 8350 prime problems
  1. Temps?
  2. Temps are good. Highest was 47
  3. well, core temps that is. That is what you have to go by when OCing fx line. I followed the same exact protocol that i used when OCing my fx 4100 and i got that stable @4.3
  4. Hmm, I tried OCing my 8350 too and I too get errors in mprime95, also turning off cores 5 and 6.
  5. When not OC, all cores churn on for many many hours without errors. The slightest OC (4100Mhz) and cores 5 and 6 eventually generate errors in mprime. At 4200 it takes less than a minute and at 4400 they bail out immediately.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking