Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

CP upgradation for 3D max rendering

Last response: in CPUs
Share
April 14, 2010 11:09:32 AM

i am a 3d freelancer.....last year I bought a Q9550 processor with intel classic series mother Bord , 8 gb ddr2 ram , nvdia quadro fx1800 graphics card,500 gb sata Hd.....But now i feels the system bit slow in rendering..somebody says , changing of mother board and adding a cooler master will sole the problem.

before purchase I wanted to know U r suggessiona and penions...will be gratly appreciated..

Thanks in advance
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 11:28:44 AM

I fail to see how a different motherboard would give you much more performance.

Also "cooler master" is a brand so I think the person you were talking to doesn't know what they are talking about. I'm guessing what they meant was an aftermarket cooler, but this also would not yield any more performance unless the processor was overclocked.

Have you done a reinstall of windows as this is most likely why it has became slower over time.
m
0
l
a c 131 à CPUs
April 14, 2010 6:51:31 PM

Wolygon said:
unless the processor was overclocked.

Or overheating. Which could be the problem as it would cause the CPU to slow itself down to avoid damage. Give us your CPU core temperature both on idle and loaded (by running Prime 95) using the program HWmonitor.
If it is a heat issue, don't run out to buy a cooling. make sure there is airflow in your case, make sure you clean the inside of dust (an insulator) and if that fails try reseating the current heatsink before getting an aftermarket cooler.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 81 à CPUs
April 14, 2010 8:57:10 PM

About the mobo, the stock intel motherboards do tend to be inefficient in power distribution and usage.. I too am a 3D freelancer and work majorly with 3DS Max Design 2009.. I too have the same CPU as yours ( upgraded recently from an e6750 ).. Previously i had an intel DG33FB motherboard but i've changed to a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r some time before.. My reason for changing were not any heat issues.. I needed a more stable platform.. Now my system runs stable with my CPU overclocked to 3.4 GHz..
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 9:15:47 PM

Yes it seems you got another motherboard for better overclocking not for better performance at stock...
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
April 14, 2010 9:38:27 PM

When was the last time you refreshed your SSD?
SSD's that dont support the TRIM command need periodic refreshing due to the way they work. IE - Since they cannot overwrite existing data; once full they dslow down because they have to erase data first and then write. TRIM takes care of this in the background but if yours doesn't support TRIM as I suspect then you basically need to erase the drive and reinstall from a backup and this will leave your empty space truly empty and you will see top speed from it again.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
April 14, 2010 9:41:25 PM

I missed your opsys but that's ok. As HD's get fuller they get slower. You should try cleaning out the garbage and do a defrag. Clean up the registry ( ccleaner ). Turn off all unneeded apps. Disconnect from the internet. Do a virus/malware scan. Start/run/msconfig.... see what's running under start up and services..... Turn off stuff not truly needed if you understand what they are. Also, as time goes by systems seem to get slower for some reason.... the "new" wore off..... tried someone else' computer and yours isn't "as snappy". I have a similar system and it runs fine but in some ares it can't keep up with the higher end stuff.... so what.
m
0
l
April 19, 2010 6:06:41 AM

Emperus said:
About the mobo, the stock intel motherboards do tend to be inefficient in power distribution and usage.. I too am a 3D freelancer and work majorly with 3DS Max Design 2009.. I too have the same CPU as yours ( upgraded recently from an e6750 ).. Previously i had an intel DG33FB motherboard but i've changed to a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3r some time before.. My reason for changing were not any heat issues.. I needed a more stable platform.. Now my system runs stable with my CPU overclocked to 3.4 GHz..




thanks for the reply....I think my problems seems same like you...as u said
"the stock intel motherboards do tend to be inefficient in power distribution and usage.."

my hardware consultant gave me the same reason...my smps(450 watts) or motherboard is not give sufficient power distribution and usage..my mother board is DG35EC...my research give me the same option as u done..change the motherboard to a p45 series..it will give a stable platform and reduce the rendering time.....My system is not slow in working..its only slow in rendering.

@ popatim -space issue:- i aslo do a test i baught WD harddisk 370 gb...and used as a single drive for C partion..reinsalled the OS 64 bit..but it not shown any better performance.

Overclocking....I donno how to do it...my hardware expert is not fare to do that...can u help me to sort out..
m
0
l
April 19, 2010 6:11:07 AM

enzo matrix said:
Or overheating. Which could be the problem as it would cause the CPU to slow itself down to avoid damage. Give us your CPU core temperature both on idle and loaded (by running Prime 95) using the program HWmonitor.
If it is a heat issue, don't run out to buy a cooling. make sure there is airflow in your case, make sure you clean the inside of dust (an insulator) and if that fails try reseating the current heatsink before getting an aftermarket cooler.



wat you mean by "eseating the current heatsink before getting an aftermarket cooler"

sorry I am not a hardware expert....

pls help me to do it....


thanx in advance....
m
0
l
a c 131 à CPUs
April 19, 2010 3:20:37 PM

cadkiran said:
wat you mean by "eseating the current heatsink before getting an aftermarket cooler"

sorry I am not a hardware expert....

pls help me to do it....


thanx in advance....

Reseating the heatsink means to remove the current heatsink, clean off the thermal compound with isopropyl alcohol, reapply new compound and put the heatsink back on. I was also assuming that by "adding a cooler master" you were referring to the cooler master heatsinks.
m
0
l
!