Price drop for PhII?

jkwonman

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Now that Thubans are coming out, would the prices drop for the AM3 Phenom iis? I'm looking into the newest 3.2-3.4 versions, and I'm not sure if I should wait until Thubans, because I heard they were coming out mid-May. Do you guys think it'll be worth it?

Solution
Damn...

The Phenom IIs are incredibly cheap to begin with... thinking about them becoming even cheaper than they are now seems impossible (though it appears that it may very well be possible).

I already have a Phenom II X4 955 and a Phenom II X3 720 (unlocked). If they drop in price I may ditch the X3 720 and get an X4 965 instead.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Damn...

The Phenom IIs are incredibly cheap to begin with... thinking about them becoming even cheaper than they are now seems impossible (though it appears that it may very well be possible).

I already have a Phenom II X4 955 and a Phenom II X3 720 (unlocked). If they drop in price I may ditch the X3 720 and get an X4 965 instead.

Solution

jkwonman

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
hmm. so it's pretty likely for a price drop. Is there a noticeable difference between the 965 and the 955? I'm kind of on a budget build, like around 400 for the CPU+RAM+Mobo+GPU.