First time overclocking intel

phill1980

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Just recently finished by new build and its the first time I went with a intel cpu. I started playing around with the overclocking and wanted to see how good my setup is. Im currently oc'd at 4.8ghz and 1.45v. I've been stress testing for 45 min and the temps seem to be staying at around 65c. I was wonding if this was good for my voltage. I would like to oc more but I dont want to go any higher with the voltage and I cant figure out or the life of me how to get my voltage down and still be stable. My motherboard is a asrock oc formula and if anyone has any tips or know of a good how to for the formula motherboard i would greatly appreciate it.

phill1980

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Yeah I know, im trying to find a way to lower the volts. I think the max volts on the 3570 is 1.52, shouldnt i be safe as long as i dont go over that. I keep getting mixed opinions when it comes to volts and temps.

phill1980

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
Thanks for the help, im just gonna drop down to under 1.4 untill I get more indepth in overclocking(i want to learn more about when functions do what in the bios). It seems like the cpu is responding funny to overclocks over 4.4. I went down on the voltage to 1.4 and I never bsod'd once till i went under 1.4. I ran p95 and my temps were about 5c higher than when i was at 1.46. Right now im just trying to understand why.

Read this thread so you can understand it all better http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards :D