Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected bood devic

skyrfox

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Hello,
is somebody who can give a real solution regarding this message error?i have windows xp pack 3 and sudenly appear this message and i can´t start my computer.sometimes appear the hdd,sometimes not.i change the hdd bcs i have backup with windows 7;i changed sata cables,i took out memory one by one,plug and unplug video card,jumpers,new batter BUT NOTHING!Any clear solution?

jsphdickens

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010

It looks like your hard drive is either not powering on, or it is not set as a boot device. Restart your computer, press Delete over and over until you are taken to the BIOS. Using the arrows, move to the section that says something like "Boot." You will probably have three options, using the arrows set the first one to the hard drive that has Windows on it. If it is not visable, re attach the power cables of your hard drive and try again. If that does not work, your hard drive has probably died. Restart the computer and press your fingers against the side of the hard drive and try to tell if it is spinning by feeling for vibrations. If you detect no movement your drive is probably dead. If possible, test the drive with a different power supply.

skyrfox

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Thanks a lot Joseph
I tried before this options but nothing.The hdd i am 100% sure is not dead.I put in external drive and i made back up,i have and another backup but with W7 and gave me same error.I fixed somehow the problem but still i don't know the reason of this error.I read hundreds articles but no one gave me a clear answer.I think is an issue of system software mixed with hardware.Acronis migration tool made the best clone of windows system and was able to back up my data.I will try to reinstall a fresh copy of windows but later.But the answer at this issue i want to find it.I will try to contact soon microsoft to see their opinion,bcs i am extremely curious about the reason of this error.
Thanks again for your try.
regards from iceland,
robert

jsphdickens

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Are you using a torrent client such as uTorrent? I actually started having a similar problem too. When I use uTorrent for an extended period of time my computer crashes and when I restart it my main hard drive isn't picked up and I get the same error as you. If I keep restarting it will recognize the hard drive again after two or three restarts.

On my previous computer any bittorent client I used would case a blue screen of death if left running log enough. Anyone else having similar problems?