Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
My system specs are -
Gigabyte p55-ud4
Intel Core i5-750
Asus EAH4890
4 GB Corsair Dominator 1600 (PC 12800)
Antec 300

Alrighty, so whenever I am playing a game, watching a movie, or just browsing the internet, my connection to my monitor fails, the fans on my 4890 go up to the max rpm, and i still have sound. I will still have sound with no picture for a few seconds, then the sound gets distorted and im forced to restart my computer. Again this happens randomly, and its been going on for a week now. Any ideas on why this is happening?

- Kenny C

What is your power supply?

Try memtest86+ (bootable) and prime95 to test RAM and CPU.

What are your current RAM settings?

What BIOS version do you have (want at least F6).

And, use HWMonitor to keep an eye on temperatures.

You could also try setting the BIOS to optimized defaults and see if that helps.

kenny C

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009

My memory settings are:
timings : 9 9 9 24
1333mhz

and PSU is Antec TruePower 750W

and i cant seem to udate my bios, when i download the latest f7 from the gigabyte website, windows says it can run the program due to compatibility issues with 64 bit and bat files. I am running windows 7 Proffessional build 7600

What is the memory voltage? It will probably have to be changed off of stock.

DO NOT use the @BIOS Windows updating utility. Load it on a pen drive and update from the BIOS. See the manual for step by step instructions. After that, the first time it may boot very slowly, but go in and "load optimized defaults", reboot, enter the BIOS and set it how you like.

Kenny_C

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

Ok, I checked the memory voltages and it is at 1.5V, im about to do the bios update now...

Kenny_C

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009

Event manager says, under critical, EventID = 41, source = Kernel-Power, Log = System, and it says its occured in the last hour, which it just recently did.

I have my ps3 right beside my case, and i was just playing it, do you think that might have resulted in the computer overheating?

and I dont even know what the *.dmp extension is, so nopes