Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nvidia 9500GT wont boot with vista

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 30, 2010 1:35:00 PM

Ok i purchased a Geforce 9500 GT last night. I am currently running two OS. XP and Vista. Once i am done tranferring all my files to the Vista drive that will be my main drive. I boot up the computer into vista after installing the card and i get as far as the windows logo then black screen. I boot into the xp OS and no problems. I have searched the net for similar stories and nothing.. Any ideas?

More about : nvidia 9500gt wont boot vista

January 30, 2010 2:37:21 PM

you have driver problems, try to see if there are any new drivers for vista
m
0
l
January 30, 2010 5:53:17 PM

don't use the newest drivers. i had the sam problem with that gpu. don't use nothing more than 190
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 172 Î Nvidia
January 31, 2010 12:54:11 AM

nau4nik said:
don't use the newest drivers. i had the sam problem with that gpu. don't use nothing more than 190

I'm using a 9500GT with the 196.36 drivers and it works fine and has done with all the previous driver versions so stop with the FUD, just because you have had issues does not mean that everyone else will.
m
0
l
January 31, 2010 1:36:41 AM

hey monkey calm down, don't be so mean

*tosses banana*

:D 
m
0
l
a c 172 Î Nvidia
January 31, 2010 1:46:12 AM

Upendra09 said:
hey monkey calm down, don't be so mean

*tosses banana*

:D 

Sproding mishinfomashum *swallows banana* is mean, and as the OP has made no mention of which driver version is being used, telling them to stay away from the possible cure just isn't right.
m
0
l
January 31, 2010 1:54:02 AM

well then i hope the banana had worms!!!!!!!!

:p 
m
0
l
January 31, 2010 1:54:20 AM

Sig is messed up again!!!
m
0
l
February 6, 2010 11:02:04 PM


Well thanks for the responses, but just to inform on the situation, i was unable to even get to the desktop to load the drivers. Popped in the brand new card, made sure the bios was properly set, and got to the Windows Logo.. then nothing, just black screen. I decided to just format the drive since i had already cleaned out my files on that hard drive before attempting my vista install and the new installation worked..

Installed the drivers from the cd it came with in the box.

m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
February 6, 2010 11:07:23 PM

nau4nik said:
don't use the newest drivers. i had the sam problem with that gpu. don't use nothing more than 190


Not a bad idea if all else fails. Do you have any older cards on hand to boot vista or are able to boot it in safe mode?
m
0
l
a c 172 Î Nvidia
February 6, 2010 11:44:28 PM

twistedlizzard said:
Well thanks for the responses, but just to inform on the situation, i was unable to even get to the desktop to load the drivers. Popped in the brand new card, made sure the bios was properly set, and got to the Windows Logo.. then nothing, just black screen. I decided to just format the drive since i had already cleaned out my files on that hard drive before attempting my vista install and the new installation worked..

Installed the drivers from the cd it came with in the box.

Now install the latest ones and see what happens, I can confirm that my 9500GT works fine using them in both Vista and W7.
m
0
l
!