GTS 250

Hi everyone, I have just replaced my 8800GT which died in a hail of exclamation marks and have replaced with a GTS250, works fine however the fan runs at full all the time, I have tried speed fan and NTUNE but niether makes any difference, How do i rectify this problem?
12 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. Is it produces a lot of noise and heat?
  2. no the heat ranges from 75 under load and 46 on Idle, but the fan speed remains on full.
  3. So whats the problem?
  4. The fan doesnt vary its speed, should slow down and speed up according to load on the card
  5. I don't think so
    Its not a problem so calm down
    I think the speed of GPU fan is constant unless you change it from the software
  6. Thats the point, I cant change it from the software, or with speedfan, and im pretty sure that the GPU fan isnt supposed to just run at 100% c.
  7. Don't try to change any thing or you will probably lose your GPU

Is it running at the same speed as of when you bought the new one?
  8. Did you install Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia web site ?
    Got to programs
    Nvidia
    Control panel
    Performance
    Device settings.
    down at the bottom is cooling options
    play with it, there is auto or manual with a slider.
    Put it on manual and vary it, see, if it reacts. It should I believe.
    PUT BACK TO AUTO
    Only the older cards such as a 8600gt have constant fan speed.
  9. yes drivers are from the nvidia website, have tried adjusting the slider still remains the same speed, the Nvidia Monitor says:
    CPU: 531 rpm, System 4352 rpm, nForce 196 rpm, Aux2 30412 rpm.
  10. Quote:
    Hi everyone, I have just replaced my 8800GT which died in a hail of exclamation marks and have replaced with a GTS250, works fine however the fan runs at full all the time, I have tried speed fan and NTUNE but niether makes any difference, How do i rectify this problem?

By using EVGA Precision tool :

http://downloads.guru3d.com/EVGA-Precision-1.8-download-2355.html

I have my fan at 65% everytime I play a game/games....

When not in game I leave it at 40/45%....

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv199/OvrClkr/fan_tool-1.png

11. Thanks for that, I have just run a stabilty test on MY gpu to raise the temp to 75c then adjusted the fan speed to drop the temoerature, the display states that the fan is running at 100% but it doesnt alter the speed or the temp of the gpu wether it is set to MAX or MIN.
  12. How many wires does the fan have?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Fan Graphics