GPU: HD 5870
SSD: Intel X25-M 80 GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
PSU: Corsair 750W 80+
Case: HAF 922
Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner
HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus

I already own:
*2x Asus 23.6 inch monitors which will be run on the two DVI ports in the Video Card
*42inch VIZIO LCD TV which will run on the HDMI port in the Video Card (both the 2nd monitor and the TV will work as extended desktops).
*I also have a Samsung HT-BD1250 Home Theatre setup which is hooked up to my TV.

------------------------

My problem is that the Surround Sound system only works when I play Blu-ray's or DVD's in the HT-BD1250 Home Theatre and the TV is Set to HDMI2 (that's the TV HDMI output the system is plugged into). Is there a way to activate Surround Sound when I'm playing my XBox which is also plugged into the TV (HDMI1) or simply have surround sound work when I'm watching Cable TV?

So officially to get sound I don't actually need a Sound card since my TV will be plugged into the computer via HDMI which does both Audio and Video. Right?

So really I just need to find a way to get my Surround Sound Working with my TV and not only when I have the TV set to HDMI2. Please let me know if this is possible?

I am not sure exactly what you are talking about with your surround sound but I will give you a few suggestions for sound cards.

There are only 2 sound cards that have HDMI ports and they are both made by ASUS its usually the video cards job to carry the HDMI. I dont know if video is routed thru the ports on the sound card or if you have to run a second line so that is something that needs more investigating.

ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe 7.1 Channels 24-bit $239.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132008

ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Slim 24-bit 192KHz $149.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132012

I do know that with both cards you will be able to up mix your 2 ch input to play on all speakers I think thats what you are looking for.

Edit: I have found that both them cards to output video on there HDMI's.