Closed Solved

Is this cable SATA III?

On the cable it says 6Gbps/3Gbps. Is it safe to say this cable is a SATA III cable?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cable sata
  1. yes the two figures you see show you the capabilities of the cable
  2. Also, is a SATA II cable able to work on a SATA III hard drive?
  3. There is no difference between SATA II and SATA III cables - the cable spec did not change, get tightened, or anything else.

The only differences in SATA cables is that some of them have latching tabs to attach more securely to drives that have latching notches.
  4. Best answer
    There is only one international standard for SATA cables. There is absolutely, positively no difference between a cable advertised as SATA 2 and a cable advertised as SATA 3.
    The same standard has been in effect since 2002. There are no changes. It is just another example creative advertising used to generate revenue.

Here is a link to a very interesting article about SATA cables that were torture tested:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/your_sata_cable_slowing_down_your_data_transfers_max_pc_investigates
  5. Best answer selected by yeahmansupercool.
  6. OMG really i just spend 30$ per this supper SATA3 cable at best buy, they told me it's going to make my computer supper fast
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD SATA Cable Storage