Sign in with
Your question

GT 240 Unwanted Artifacts

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 30, 2010 3:39:39 PM

When i go in-game to almost any game that has been made since 2003 I'll be ingame with absolutly great performance no slow downs or anything but about after 6 to 20 minutes the game with freeze for a about 20 seconds then resume with unwanted artifacts all over the screen and the textures messed up, and it's not the game files because this happens with almost everygame i play, Dark Messiah, MOH Airborne, CS:S, Etc. I really need help because i can't play my games because the game screws up so much with it on, i know it's not overheating because when it happens in game i go look at my temp and it will only be 40 to 45 degrees C, i don't know what to do i've tried so much to help it by, installing new drivers, newest physx version, etc. The Tom's Hardware community won't let me down i know. :D  Specs

Pentium 4 @ 3.00 Ghz
2gb Geil Black Dragon Ram
Zotac Gt 240 1gb GDDR3
Integrated Soundcard

,Dragonfleas

More about : 240 unwanted artifacts

January 30, 2010 4:52:19 PM

Use HWMonitor, if you alt-tab out of a game the card will cool down.
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2010 6:18:51 PM

Hmmm, well i don't think heat is the problem but i will try it and if that doesn't work i'll probably go get a fan and thermal grease and stick the thermal grease on the heatsink
m
l
February 13, 2010 5:53:59 AM

Hello
What about the power supply? Is it a good one, 450W is enough to run GT240. Did you buy it 2nd hand? I know I got 2 lemons from ebay. What other things are in your computer? To diagnose strip the computer to a bare minimum to function and then add piece by piece to figure out whats causing the problem.

If its under warrenty send it back.

If its keep happening all I can recommend is underclocking the card to see if it becomes stable.
m
l
!