Why antec forums area???

sfk3174

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
im new here, but i have to admit antec make some pretty good cases im using 902 at the moment and have no problems with it, good on them for sponsoring this site

They're just like any other OEM builder. They cut corners anywhere they can. The PSU, RAM, and HD's are the main places they cut corners. You have to pay quite a bit to get known quality components from them. You can get a much higher quality system for less money if you build it yourself. That's what the "Homebuilt systems" section of the forums is all about. I don't know how a company that builds systems and sells them has anything to do with homebuilt systems.

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009

I honestly see the logic here. What's wrong with a manufacturer sponsoring a site and in return getting a spot on the forums? Getting feedback from customers is one of the most important parts of business, if not, the most.

I own an Antec 1200, and TP750 Blue. Antec makes good stuff. If they pay to sponsor THF (and help keep them alive, for that matter), then it's a nice benefit for them to get a spot on the forums.

...Just my $.02.

Cheers.

Thanks mate, it's nice to know that I'm not completely out of my tree! :lol:

shovenose

Distinguished

how can u cut corners on ram? isnt ram just ram? sure cheap ram wont oc, but otherwise whats the difference?
and about the hdd? do they cut corners by using SEAGATE CRAP or what??? or are the hdds slower?

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
+1 for all the positive people. Antec products......works for me.

Hello mousemonkey,

Hows life been treating you, long time no see. Remember this one?

A small boy was lost at a large shopping mall. He approached a uniformed policeman and said, "I've lost my grandpa"

The cop asked, "What's he like?"

The little boy replied, "Jack Daniels and women with big tits."

Hi mate, yes I do remember :lol: It's all good in my neck of the woods thanks and I hope you can say the same :) .

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Hi mousemonkey,

I see you've moved up in the world around here, congratulations! The way I see it you should have been a mod a long time ago, nobody could defuse a bad situation the way you could....100% class act. You were the the coolest member and I'm sure you're the coolest mod although the other mods are cool as well. Again, congratulations!

Christoph@ANTEC,

Sorry I didn't see your post before requesting some PSU Feedback. I purchased my 1st TPQ 1000w in January 08, and the 2nd in June 08. Both power supplies have performed well and I haven't had a problem out of either, running as good as the day I bought them. I recently added an 8800GT for physics which put me well over the power requirements. The computer never crashed at anytime during gaming or regular use. I did notice a strain on the system that wasn't there before. Since I never intended to add a 3rd video card in the 1st place to this power supply all is good, figured I would upgrade to the TPQ 1200w when I got ready to do that. The 8800GT has since been removed from the system and things are back to normal

Might as well give you some feedback on the Antec 1200 while I'm here as well since I'm a new owner. Excellent air flow and it's smaller then some of the other full towers. The compact size was a plus in my opinion, it looks neat, fits all the components with no problem and it doesn't hog up as much space as my ThermalTake Armor did. The only downside in my opinion is cable management. I had to take a cup saw to the rear drive bays to get rid of the RED fan wires, and do some drilling under the motherboard to hide more wires......The case need more outlets for good cable management.

Conclusion. I have no problem buying Atec products in the future, my next PSU will be an Antec.

Christoph@ANTEC

Distinguished
May 3, 2010

Hi, and thanks for the comments. I know we have been taken care of the cable management thing. The new DF-85 will be very cool, some argue about the looking though but it's kind of cool for me at least ;) As for the PSUs, the setup you mentioned ran with the 850 or 1000? The 1200 is one of the best 1200W PSUs in the market atm, totally different (latest) topology. We will have some new series coming during Computex next week. Maybe one of those might fit the bill even better than the 1200W TPQ.

Christoph

starams5

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
Now I'm a little depressed, I want one of Dark Fleet towers....good job! The wire management thing wasn't that big of a deal, I guess when you want to hide as much as you can you have to do some drilling. I was down 3 selections, the CM HAF 932 Blue, the Silverstone RAVEN RV01, and the Antec Twelve Hundred. The CM had the silver interior and I was set on black, wasn't about to risk over spray painting it and it would have been just too much work. The Silverstone case was nice but I wasn't ready to take a chance on the new technology, specifically the inverted motherboard with the I/O's on top, just didn't seem like it would cool my hardware. I'm satisfied with my choice and have no regrets, well I have one regret and that's not having one of the Dark Fleet towers......maybe you can send one my way, I won't tell anybody. As for the PSU I have 2x Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 ATX12V's.

Dark Fleet Towers
http://www.pcper.com/comments.php?nid=8230

Antec Twelve Hundred Build
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/album.php?albumid=84

Take Care, starams5

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hi everybody,

Thanks for all of the comments! Antec tries to get as much feedback as possible from our customers. This is a space where we can run contests, answer questions, and offer clarification. We'll be checking posts regularly to see what comments you may have and we'll try to provide as much insight as possible. Also, feel free to PM me.

-Antec Rep