Sign in with
Your question

Please help, husband legally blind and we need this

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2010 5:14:03 PM

Have a 4 yr. old HP Pavilion NB...hooking to hdtv using RGA cable. Graphics Card is NVidia 4 440. I can get my desktop to "extend" onto tv choosing it as secondary monitor and drag an application over onto the tv. I WANT to simply duplicate my desktop and use TV as primary monitor. Hubby's old, old, laptop hooks up to tv and no problems at all. But can't use his for gaming, way too slow. My notebook is great for gaming but he would love to use the big screen as his monitor. This would help him greatly with his disability. He had to retire two years ago and is home by himself all day while I am at work. He loves his games, but struggles very hard to see them.

More about : husband legally blind

January 30, 2010 5:27:45 PM

sorry to hear that

1. Right click on Desktop

2. Select nvidia control panel

3. go to setup multiple displays

4. select clone

5. then select the TV to be primary display to use

this should work
m
l
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2010 6:47:18 PM

I have an NVidia Media Center, but no option within it to SET UP multiple displays...in my Display properties, I can choose monitor 1, default... or 2, extend my desktop onto this monitor...which is not what I want to do
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2010 7:21:28 PM

Are you sure you installed the latest graphics driver for your card ?
m
l
a b x TV
January 30, 2010 7:47:59 PM

Go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest driver for your card. It should include the latest nVidia control panel software that will let you dupe your laptop display onto the TV. Once installed, the control panel icon should appear in the taskbar near the clock, or you can find it in the Windows Control Panel, as I'm assuming your lappy uses XP as its 4 yrs old now.

m
l
January 30, 2010 8:07:33 PM

^^ Agreed. The old drivers had more limited options, the new ones should have what youre looking for
m
l
January 30, 2010 9:45:59 PM

how odl is this card?
m
l
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2010 10:11:16 PM

As old as the laptop, it is an Nvidia Geforce 4 440
m
l
January 30, 2010 10:25:33 PM

what games do you guys play? that is wicked old
m
l
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 30, 2010 10:38:07 PM

He just mainly plays facebook games, and some kind of online muliplayer space type game.
m
l
January 30, 2010 10:44:55 PM

oh ok that makes sense
m
l
!