debianos

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Sometimes a picture's worth a thousand words, and sometimes cropping or scaling isn't bad, either.

Making the connection is trivial, you just dim the lights, set the music, line them up and push them together. It's all birds-and-bees kind of stuff, y'know, almost takes care of itself. What kind of equipment are you connecting?

Spoiler:
I can give you a good hand-cream recipe if you're interested...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The black one (right) is the female connector that comes from the PSU to provide power. The white one (left) is male, on the end of some power consumer's wires like a fan. Look closely at the 4 corners of the two connectors. Two are beveled off, two are square. Hence you can only fit them together one way.

ram1009

Distinguished
FYI, it is unlikely that these connectors are actually Molex connectors. Molex is a company that makes, probably, every type of connector in the world. Often they are the first to make a particular style and so many connectors have become known as "molex" connectors even after many other manufacturers have copied them for years. The above posters are correct in that the connectors in the pics simply plug into wach other with a little force. You really can't make a mistake unless there was a loose pin.

dennis2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010

Thanks for the info. I don't have any photoshop on my computer. I'm just connecting the fans.

It has become standard for those connectors to be considered molex. It is what it taught in university courses, and courses provided by companies such as Cisco. I have actually never heard of another connector type being considered "molex". Just think, what comes to mind when you think "Kleenex"? (kleenex is a brand name).

debianos

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010

Here's a free program that's fast and feature-loaded, which you can use to view, resize, and otherwise manipulate images:
http://www.xnview.com/

There other great free image programs, too. This is a lightweight app, my favorite for viewing. I've been using it for about 8 years.

Have fun with your new build!