• Nvidia
  • DVI D
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Monitors
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 30, 2010 5:47:19 PM

Hello I have a new HP p6310y with a Geforce 9100 with one DVI-D and one VGA. I had to search to find a VGA to DVI-D adapter. Unfortunatley when I attached the DVI-D connector it shows up in the NVIDIA control panal as an addditional monitor but will not actually work. If i try to make the DVI-D the 1st monitor the second screen goes black...leaving me with two black screens. I have checked...both monitors and cables work normally. What am I doing wrong?

Im using a HP vs17 monitor and a HP L1710...Are these not compatible with DVI-D?

More about : nvidia geforce 9100 issues

Anonymous
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
June 21, 2010 8:41:33 PM

i'm having the same issue!!!
updated to the latest nvidia driver but to no avail. I just plugged in the dvi-d to vga adapter and monitor and left the vga port blank. then tried to reboot, the screen just stayed blank with a blinking light. i don't have a monitor with the dvi-d port to try without the adapter. i'm trying it with two Samsung Syncmaster 915n monitors.
Score
Anonymous
a b α HP
a b C Monitor
June 29, 2010 7:35:10 AM

if you are running windows 7 then right click the desktop, select personalize then on the bottom left of the screen click on display then click on change display settings on the top left of the screen. then you can setup your monitors. change either one to the main or second display and if you want the main display on the left or the right. you might need to go into your display adapter settings and change the display there after. I use the same video adapter and only had to setup the monitors using windows 7 settings
Score
Related resources
March 18, 2011 3:25:08 AM

I did what you posted and still no video on my screen. I've tried using the Nvidia control panel and the windows 7 display settings to no avail. I am very frustrated, any help appreciated.
Score
March 19, 2011 3:55:25 PM

I think it's simple. The DVI-D jack has no analog video pins (the 4 pins surrounding the the tab contact on the connecter) out of it. Only Digital. That's why the VGA display, which is analog, shows up black. GeForce 9100 has no analog out of the DVI out. so you can't use an analog (VGA) display on that port. You must buy an DVI Display.
Score
March 19, 2011 4:00:38 PM

I'm not even sure why they make A DVI-D to VGA adapter, since the "D" is for DIGITAL and VGA is analog only video.
Score
!