Kingston 2000MHz Hyper-X T1 unable to run at rated speed

Hello,

I installed 6GB of Kingston Hyper-X 2000MHz CL9 Hyper-X T1 memory into my Gigabyte X58A UD3R M/B. The speed shown in BIOS is 1066 MHz. I try to run the RAM at the rated speed of 2000 MHz by enabling XMP profile1 but I got a BSOD even before entering Win 7 64bit everytime.

I wonder if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Herman
7 answers Last reply
More about kingston 2000mhz hyper unable rated speed
  1. Hi hermes129 and welcome to THG.

Set all the specifications of the RAM manually in the BIOS and run memets86+ and prime95 without OC the CPU for check stability.
  2. All i7 + Xeon processors works on 800 and 1066MHz RAM. I have Corsair Dominator GT 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 16000C8 2000MHz Triple Channel Kit (CMT6GX3M3A2000C8) and Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz and my memory is downgraded to 1066MHz. It's very annoying, i hope that auto downgrade my RAM is also reducing Latency!
  3. thanks for all your comments,

@zipzoomhigh, my memory modules are seated in the white slots as specified by the M/B manual.

@saint19, thank you for the welcome. :P Actually, I am not so much of an overclocker, just trying to get what I pay for in the first place. I have no intention of overclocking the CPU, just want to bring the memory to its rated speed.

I will try your method when I get home. I live in Singapore. :)

I have actually attempted to activate the XMP profile1 w/o changing anything, my north bridge and my CPU overvoltage LEDs light up during POST and the comp crash before gg into OS. Not too sure why that cannot work.

I guess I will do by manually adjusting and see how.

@LittLeCaptain, yep. I am annoyed too. I read that the original intel settings are only memory at 1066MHz. Anything beyond is considered overclock.

Cheers,
  4. To me high spec ram like that is for *overclocking* only - stock systems hate high spec ram when running stock with the ram at high speeds it just doesnt work, and besides it barely offers any decent real-world performance increase really.

The 1366 platform was designed and runs "best" with 1333 ram (or was it 1066?) - nothing above that is guaranteed.
  5. Hi Apache_lives,

I see. Noted. Then will take a look at the whole package. :)

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
  6. Quote:
    Still never mentioned voltage........sigh....

Oh, So sorry :??: , my voltages are set at Auto. From all your answers, I guess it must be manually configured. Will inform once I have managed to push the memory to its rated speed.

Cheers.
  7. Most of the mobos don't detect the voltage and timings
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Kingston Motherboards